9

After the lunch scene, I decide to take a walk around the halls of Beacon to get away from another of Nora's lucid dream stories. Also, to try and find a certain leporid faunus girl.

(Leporid: just Google it)

Using my powers, I reach out and sense all sorts of emotions flowing in the academy. I narrow my search to any sadness within my area. The presence of mixed emotions of sadness and, although repressed, anger can be sensed near by. Making a right turn in the hall, I see in the distance a girl sitting against a wall hugging her knees. Walking closer to the figure I can see that it is the faunus girl I was looking for, the faint sound of sobbing can be heard.

She doesn't seem to notice me yet. I silently make my way over and sit right next to her. Her soft cries remind me too much of when Salem was just a small child.

(Y/n):... So.

She snaps her head up and looks over at me. Her eyes are red and streams of tears streak her face.

(Y/n): Is this your usual spot to go to after you're tormented, or is this just a random place you decided to pop a squat.

Eeehh, I could have done better than that. Oh well.

???: "sniff" What do you want? Here to pick on me too? Make fun of my ears? Hate me because I'm a faunus?

(Y/n): Kid, I always have a reason to hate people. But to hate someone just because they are a faunus, is a sad excuse and people that do that really need to reevaluate their lives. So to answer your question, either call it pity or actual concern for another living person, I wanted to make sure you're all right.

I pull out a white handkerchief out of nowhere and hand it to her. She gingerly takes it from me and uses it to dry her tears.

(Y/n): If it makes you feel any better, a friend of mine named Elly beat the crap out of Cardin and his cohort of conniving cockheads after you left.

That elicited a small laugh out of her.

(Y/n): Speaking of names, I never got yours. My name is (y/n).

Velvet: V-Velvet Scarlatina.

(Y/n): Tell me something, Velvet. Why did you let them do that to you?

Velvet: Huh?

(Y/n): Don't play that. They were tormenting you, harming you to an extent, to the point of tears. Why did you just let that happen?

Velvet just looks back at the floor, her rabbit ears drooping over her face.

(Y/n): What about your team, don't they help you with things like this?

Velvet: S-some times.

(Y/n): But not all the time.

She shakes her head no.

(Y/n): "sigh" Alright listen carefully, Velvet.

She looks back at me with curiosity.

(Y/n): Whether if you are surrounded by friends and family that love you to death with all of their heart, or all by yourself; in the end, you are the only person that can support you. In this world, no one is going to wait for someone to save you. So, you have to save yourself. You are the first and last thing standing between you and whatever asshole that thinks you'd make a great outlet for their shit.

She seems to be thinking this over with interest.

(Y/n): So promise me this, Velvet. If someone like Cardin ever tries to get under your skin for whatever reason, stand your ground. Show them that you are not afraid and will not stand for any of their shit. And if, for whatever reason, they decide it's a good idea to try and get physical... well, what happens after that is free game.

I get up and walk in front of Velvet, offering my hand.

(Y/n): Can you at least try?

She reaches and grabs my hand, letting me help her up.

Velvet: I will.

(Y/n): Good to hear........ You want a hug?

I stick my arms out to my sides. She looks at me for a second, before stepping forward and excepting my offer. She wraps her slender arms around my torso and places her head in the crook of my neck. I place one hand on her back and another on her head, scratching the spot between her rabbit ears. As I do so, I emit a small amount of dark energy that starts to get absorbed by Velvet without her knowing.

Velvet:... You kind of smell.

(Y/n): Sorry, I had a sparring match today.

We let go of our hug, say goodbye, and go our separate ways.

Velvet: Wait! Your handkerchief!

(Y/n): Keep it. It's not even mine.

[Location: basement of the grimm castle]

Sitting on a large couch in front of a flat screen tv was Salem in tears. She had just finished watching Saw 3 and is crying after John Kramer died.

Salem: "sniff" Ugh. That gets me every time.

She reaches over to a table and tries to get her handkerchief. When she could not feel for it, she looks over to the table and sees it is not there. She looks under the table, then on the floor with no success. She gets back up with an angry expression.

Salem: What the fu-Now where did this one go!?

----

Salem: Seriously, this is the fifth time this has happened!

A/n:... How the hell did you get down here?