3

Salems p.o.v.

Finishing a cup of my fathers famous Crimson Tea, I decide to head to the study for a little break. As I walk through the halls, Cinder power walks from around a corner and passes me with her eyes focusing on the floor.

Salem: Hmm. She must be shooken up from what father had to say. Oh well.

Walking further down the hall, I see my father walking towards me.

Salem: Hello again, father.

You: Salem, I'm heading out to sign up for Beacon, try not to burn the place down again while I'm gone.

Salem: Yes, father.

As he walks past me, I continue to make my way to the stu-

Salem: Wait, what?!

I turn around and run in front of him. As always, I have to look up to meet him in the eye.

Salem: Can you run that by me again?

You: You heard me. I'm headin' to Beacon.

Salem:... Why?

You: Alright, let me explain.

*bamf*

[Location: the study]

*bamf*

You: Take a seat, sweetheart.

Grabbing a chair, I sit down and wait for my father to explain to me one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard so far.

You: You see, I've been thinking about being productive ever since you told me 'please don't get yourself involved with my plans' a few years back. Still don't understand why, but you are a grown woman and capable of making your own decisions. So, what better way to not get involved than have a front row seat of the show! I will only be at the sidelines doing my own thing, not hindering anything, and I would get to witness your best work in action. Besides, it beats locking myself in the basement and watching anime 24/7 like a weeb. You only live for eternity once, I'm not wasting it like that!

Listening to his reasons, I can understand why he wants to head out. The only reason why I don't want him to be involved was so I can show him I can finally be independent without him hold my hand. I stand up from the chair and look up at him.

Salem: I understand, father. Besides, it would be a bad idea to lock up you of all people in the house for too long to the point of you blowing up a continent.

We share a small laugh in the study. As the laughing dies down I step forward and give my father a hug, resting my head on his chest.

Salem: Just, please, be safe.

He rests one hand on my back and another on my head, returning the hug.

You: Heh. You should be telling that to the poor bastards dumb enough to pick a fight with me. Besides, if you pull off your plan without a hitch, I should be back home in no time.