26

Your p.o.v.

After my little public reveal, Commander Joshua told me to wait here while he ran back into the building to contact someone. In the mean time I'm just standing here while the rest of the Children followers just stare at me, not moving an inch.

You:....................................... Donn!

The boy flinched from me calling to him and immediately ran to my side.

Donn: Y-yes, my Lord?

You: What's up with everybody? I thought the sight of their Lord and savior would spark some sort of, I don't know, positive reaction. Not petrify them all on the spot.

Donn: Well you see none of us, not even Pastor Nichts, have ever thought we would get to see you in our life time. But now... It's a bit overwhelming, to say the least.

You: Who's Pastor Nichts?

Donn: He is the leader of The Children. We have been around for thousands of years, but it was from his leadership that we started making actual headway.

You: So tell me, what exactly do you guys do?

Donn: In short, we're a doomsday cult. The Children do everyting they can, from stealing to collecting materials, to prepare us for a cataclysmic event. We are also... an environmental group. It's weird, but we try our best to preserve your grand canvas from those that would only use it for selfish purposes. After the Great War, that's when we decided to be more active with our actions.

You: Huh. So you're hippies with guns? I can actually respect that! But tell me...

I look at the armor that they wear. Old fashion plated armor with noticeable rust covering most of it.

You: What the hell is with the armor? You steal all kinds of crap except for new clothes?

Donn: Oh, everyone here besides the commander are low ranked soldiers. High end equipment are only reserved for higher ranked officers, given the fact that they are hard to get, so we are stuck with gear that date back to the war.

You: You poor bastards.

I look around again to everyone, they are still quiet.

You:... Alright listen up, everybody! I know that meeting your god can be a bit of a shocker, to the point of some of you actually soiling yourselves, but each and everyone of you have made choices that have led you to where you are now. If you have regrets about any of them, dash away those thoughts. For you all have put yourselves into a position where I am, for the first time, truly proud to be standing amongst you. Men, women, humans... and Faunus? Huh, a religion that actually accepts diversity, good for you!

That little speech seems to have lighten the mood, I begin to hear some murmuring amongst them.

Follower: E-excuse me, my Lord?

I turn around and see a girl faunus, with mouse ears, making her way towards me. She to is wearing the crappy armor.

You: How can I help you, little one?

Follower:... Are you here to guide us to a brighter future, or...

You: If what Donn has told me is true, I cannot pass up the opportunity to help those that truly follow my example. I will not lie, in the beginning I thought that the only way to save this world was to eradicate humanity from my domain. But now... I can see there is hope in you after all.

Her eyes seem to sparkle from what I said, and the murmuring becomes louder.

You: Now, anymore questions?