Chapter 11: Are You Gonna Help?

The Present Day,
Kureto sat down with them. But he just kept asking questions.

   "Ok, but how did you become Commander?" Kureto Asked curiously.

      Mari smiled,"You ask to many questions. It's best to stay with one."

        "And what if I don't want to,"Kureto smirked.

         "Then you'll have to wait and see,"Mari laughed.

       Guren looked at her hands as they talked. What are you? Seraph? Demon?Guren thought as he looked at Mari,But if Kureto found out,he would use her as an experiment.      

      "Are you ok?" Mari asked as she saw Guren space out.

       He turned,"Hm? Oh yea,"He said as he realized she was talking to him.

         Mari yawned,"I must go."  

      "Here I'll take you,"Kureto Said as he stood.

         "Sit down, I got her,"Guren volunteered as he stood. 

      "Umm..."

     "Kureto I think you should finish your food first," Shinya smiled.

      "Fine,"Kureto sat down.

    Mari started to walk away. She didn't want anyone to walk her. Guren walked beside her. He took glances at her. They walked out of the restaurant. Guren opened an umbrella. Mari was quiet. But she was amazed that Guren was quiet. "I wanted to ask you,"Guren finally spoke.

    Mari turned. She was frighten for him ask anything about her.

       "Why do you have those markings on your hands?" He Asked.

    Mari stopped. She felt like she skipped a beat. Mari didn't want to answer.  Guren started walking thinking she would follow. "Hey.." Guren turned but she wasn't walking beside him. She still stood there. The rain drops dripped down her face. Mari held her hand. She had a tight grip on it. Don't trust them,she thought. Mari started walked the other way.

    "Hey, where are you going?" Guren Asked as he followed her.

       Mari started to run. She couldn't. And she wouldn't. She will never tell. Guren ran after her. "Hey! What's the matter with you?!" He Yelled.

     Mari ran hoping he would never bring it up again. Hoping he would move on and forget about everything. Mari wished she wasn't the monster she truly was. But monsters just don't go away. They never do. "Mari!!" Guren called after her.

    "Fuck, he can't know. He can't know! No!" She panicked.   

      Mari pushed threw a building door. She climbed up the stairs.  "Stop! Hey!" Guren still ran for her.  She made it on the roof. The building was tall.  Guren finally tackled her down.

"What's wrong with you!?" He Yelled.

     Mari started yell,"No stop! Please!" She tried kicking.

"No! Not until you tell me why your acting like this!" He held down her arms and legs.

She started to cry. She stopped struggling. "You will never look at me the same way again,"Mari cried.

    Guren got off her. Mari sat up. She pulled off her gloves. But the scar she got from Yuu's blade was black. Guren watched her. Mari stood up. She started walking. "I'm a monster,"She said. She got on the edge of the building.

    "Mari, what are you..."

     "If I fall. I won't die. If I tried to escape. I can't." Mari looked down. Mari's eyes became purple. The white part of her eye turned black. Mari looked at Guren. "A monster can't live this world. It will just cost destruction," Mari said,"So many people will die. If I..." Mari paused,"If I let it in."