Chapter 16: Don't let me go

Present Time
Day 1 at Chinese Base,

   Guren woke up,tired and annoyed that he let Mari walk away. He laid on the bed,tired as always. "I'm a idiot,"he said to himself. He couldn't believe he told her that he loved her. He looked up at the ceiling which was covered with paintings. He thought for moment. Until, Shinya opened to door wide open. Guren sat up. "What the hell are you doing?" He Asked.

     "Oh nothing,"Shinya smiled,"I thought I would find Mari in here."

     Guren stood,"Shes not here,"He said serious,"Do you know where she is?"

Shinya stayed quiet. Oh no what happened?Shinya thought. "No I didn't see her.." Shinya said,"Stop acting so miserable all the time..."

        "Guren I have an emergency!" Goshi Yelled.   

    Guren looked at him. But knowing Goshi it was a stupid joke. "What kind of an emergency?" Guren asked knowing it would be one of Goshi's little tricks.

"A really bad one,"Goshi lied which was very convincing.

Minutes Later,
At Pool Area,

"Why do you always do this to me" Guren Asked angry as he facepalmed.

Goshi smiled looking at girls in a perverted way. They were in the pool area. There were mostly students learning how to swim. Goshi would check out the teachers which were in bikinis and at least closed to his age.

Guren gave him the death glare.

"Oh come on! Look at these gorgeous girls!" Goshi Said as he pointed at them.

"You could of just told me the truth,"Guren said knowing he wouldn't come.

"But if I did you wouldn't come. I need a wing man. Please!"

"No,"Guren Said annoyed.

"Oh look there's Mari,"Goshi smiled as he walked away,"Hey Mari!"

"What!?" Guren Said,hoping it was a lie.

Mari was teaching fourteen year olds how to swim. Since most of them would go to China for the big war that's happening over there. "Alright kids, swimming usually comes in a natural instinct," Mari smiled as she walked by her students that looked serious,"I know. Why learn how to swim? Just in case we're shot down before making it to the China's bay. You can swim to the other soldiers who are trying to help."

"But what if we were scared,I mean ..."

Mari pushed the kid in the water before he could speak. The students watched scared to speak.

"To accomplish something you must face it head on!" Mari Yelled as she fixed her glove. The kid came out of the water, freezing as he stood back in line. "The former Commander would have told all of you to quit, give up being a soldier. But she would never give you up. Even if you are the worst soldier she would protect you. And I will do the same. I will try everything I can to help you avenge or do the thing you want to do most,"Mari said calmly.

      "Yes Ma'am!" They all Yelled as they put their hands over their hearts.

"Alright then, class dismiss. Tomorrow we start real training,"Mari smiled as she turned facing the pool. Her students walked away,happy that they could at least practice for tomorrow.

    Arosa jumped in splashing water all over Mari. "Hey!" Mari Yelled.

   Arosa smiled,"Sorry to splash ya."

     "That's a terrible pun,"Mari laughed.

    "Well my my, Yuu's a scary cat,"Shinoa giggled as she slowly went inside the pool.