Chapter 20:Corruption

After the whole punishment thing, Shinoa's Squad was given to Makoto Narumi's Squad.

Mari's Squad went with Guren's Squad, from there. They headed off to kill the nobles. But none of them knew Mari's humanity was fading away.......

"Everyone fall in line,"Narumi said walking towards them.

They all turned, except for Arosa. She was focus on other things.

"I want to go over our plan of attack, but what are you gonna do Half Human?" Narumi Asked wanting to know what Arosa was capable of,"You haven't participate in this plan at all."

Arosa looked at him,"If you really want to know. I'm here to observe and take action when things go south...."

"So your useless, how can I rely on a bunch of kids to have my back,"Rika Inoue complained.

"Wow Rika Calm down...." Yayoi Endō Said trying to make her calm down.

Arosa rolled her eyes walking towards them. Shinoa knew Narumi's squad didn't have trust in them at all especially Arosa the outcast.

"So you think I'm useless. I was top my class. Top of my game . On a dangerous mission,"Arosa went Narumi.

"This is a dangerous mission that's why..."

Arosa cut him off,"I wasn't talking about this mission. I was talking about mine. Which is classified. This mission is considered simple for my army. But I could only tell you that I only observe or fight when it's necessary,"Arosa said sounding more mature for her age,"And from my point of view. Shinoa's Squad is capable having your backs. They are capable to take on this plan. We may look like kids who don't care but we actually do care..."

"I apologize for everything Sergeant Narumi. But Arosa's right we are capable of doing this plan,"Shinoa reassured.

"You don't need to apologize. I just want one person to drag us down. We'll all be good as dead. I don't want to lose a comrade," Narumi said sounding serious.

"I feel the same way. I don't want to lose any comrades either..."

"I don't need excuses,"Narumi interrupted.

"We're in this together. So I'll protect my comrades from getting hurt,"Yuu finished.

"You can at least remember our targets name. There's more to being a soldier, than the ability to swing a sword,"Narumi said walking away.

Yuu sighed,"There's no use of remembering the name of someone Your just going to kill,"Narumi turned around, so Yuu continued,"But I can remember the names of the people I'm going to protect. Got that... Shinoa, Kimizuki, Mitsuba, Yoichi, Arosa,"Yuu looked up at Narumi's Squad,"Makoto Narumi, Yayoi Endō, Rika Inoue,Tarō Kagiyama and Shūsaku Iwasaki. Those are the names of the people I'm going to protect. And we're gonna show Guren that we're victorious without losing a single comrade,"Yuu Said strongly.

"I apologize again with my attitude but Sergeant Narumi, we feel the same way,"Shinoa smiled.

Mitsuba smiled,"We're with you hundred percent."

"We May be noobs but we'll do everything we can,"Shinoa Said sounding serious for once.

"And if anything goes wrong. I'll step in,"Arosa added,"I may look or sound like a 'noob'.But I could do more."

"Fine,"Narumi said sounding tired,"You'll step in if anything goes wrong."

Arosa nodded. I hope your okay Mari, She thought looking away.

Few Mintues Later,
Meanwhile Mari,

"I got the vampires on the right!!" Akiyoshi called aiming her bow towards them.