Chapter 22: Feels Like A Reality

Play Song now

'Where the hell am I?' Guren thought knowing this was just a dream or was it? He was in a party. But not any, a ball. He looked around seeing Military ranks everywhere, drinking, dancing and even celebrating.Guren saw familiar soldiers and comrades he had. The place felt warm and vivid. It was another big ball room.Guren also saw other uniforms that looked nothing like his.

     Guren looked around. 'What is this place?'He thought again.

"Guren!!" Someone called.

He turned being so surprised, "Mahiru?" He smiled a little seeing her so beautiful. Her purple hair fixed in a bun. Her red eyes looking beautiful. She was in a dress that had medals sewed to it. Her expression was filled with joy.

Mahiru smiled,"C'mon let's dance already,"She grabbed his arm pulling him towards the people.

Mahiru felt so real. Everything of this place felt real. The smiles, the joy, the warmth of the party. This felt way to good. Guren started to feel reality. He saw Yuu running towards a blonde boy. Yuu whispered to him.

"Mahiru, What is this?" He Asked looking at her.

"France,of course,"She smiled, "Shinya let me dance with you." She spinned herself with Guren's arm.

Guren was so confused. He looked around.  He never been to it"France?"

"Don't tell me you forgot already. We're here to speak to my brother and his 'wife '......"She said wife with her rolling eyes,"It's an important gathering."

"Gathering?,"Gurensaid trying to make sense,"Mahiru, where's Shinya?"

He thought the only person who could help him was Shinya. Only he would say the truth.

Mahiru smiled pulling him closer to him. She laid her head on his chest. Guren was in shock. The girl who he used to love was alive. How was that even possible?

"He's not far. Here I'll take you to him," Mahiru lifted her head and grabbed Guren's hand. She pulled him towards the crowd of soldiers.

Guren watched the soldiers laughing and cheering. Soldiers who he saw die in front of him.
Guren turned away. He looked at Mahiru as she waved at Shinya who was leaning against the wall.

"Oh Guren, I thought you two would love a minute to yourselves," Shinya laughed holding his glass of wine.

"Shinya, what the hell is this? Where's Mari? Where are we?" Guren asked the questions he thought were important to him.

Shinya grinned,"What did you give him Mahiru?"

Mahiru shrugged acting clueless.

Shinya shook his head," We are here to honor the victory of the Empire's Army. Whose Mari? Are you talking about the Commander?" Shinya seemed lost not knowing Guren's questions.

"Shinya this isn't a joke. I saw soldiers who I have seen dead on the battlefield alive," Guren said in a dark serious tone,"How is she alive?"Guren pointed at Mahiru.

"I think you had too much to drink," Shinya snickered standing away from the wall,"You should sit down," He laid a hand on Guren's shoulder.

   Guren grabbed his wrist,moving his hand away.
He felt as if they were making him lose his mind.

   "I am not drunk. What the hell is going on?" Guren asked the question again making it sound more threatening.

   "Sounds like something a drunk person would say,"Mahiru giggled trying to hide it with her hand.