Chapter 2

"Now boarding to Hong Kong"

I was so nervous. I've never been on a plane (or one that I remember) and after we land I'm meeting my family...hopefully. The letter has the hospital and my caretakers name so maybe she could help me. I'm starting to tremble with all the "what if's" that are around when I step on the plane.

"What if my parents don't remember me?"

"What if I'm just a big disappointment to them too?"

"What if they don't want to see me anymore?"

Well I'm on the plane and it's too late to turn around. Mostly because the plane is taking off and I'm not jumping off a plane.

Trying to keep my mind busy by listening to music and watching some dance videos. But after looking out the window, I'm seeing land so I start to put my stuff away.

"Deep breathes." I kept telling myself.

After getting my stuff, I hailed a cab and asked to take me to Hong Kong Baptist Hospital. Staring at all the big buildings and learning how this is where I was born and I'm close on finding my family. The cab driver started to talk but I didn't know what he was saying.

"I'm sorry. Um do you know English?'' I asked.

He then nodded.

"A little bit miss. What brings you to Hong Kong?"

I smiled a bit.

"I'm trying to find my family. I was adopted and found a letter from my birth mom about leaving me at this hospital."

The cab driver then smiled.

"Hope you find them."

I smiled back at him hoping I will find them too.

After a while we pulled up to the hospital entrance and I got out and paid the driver. Before he left he said, "Good luck." He seemed nice and I smiled to show my appreciation. I walked in find what I hope was the receptionist.

"Umm English?" I asked.

She then called for someone and then a small elderly woman came up to me.

"Hello. I'm Mrs. Zhang. How can I help you?"

I was so nervous I started to stutter.

"Hell-o Mrs. Zhang. M-My name is Miya and 18 years ago I was umm left at this hospital by uhh Ruiji and Sophia Wang."

I then pulled out my adoption papers as proof.

"Can you by any chance tell me anything about where they are?"

The nurse looked over my papers in awe. Like she couldn't believe me or if I was lying until she got up in my face to just stare at me.

''You have your mother's eyes." She said.

"I'm sorry?" I asked confused.

She pulled me aside and took a deep breathe trying to compose herself.

"I'm Yuna Zhang, but back then my last name was Huang. I was your caretaker and nurse to your mom when she gave birth to you. We actually became friends until they left for Korea a few years ago."

After she said that I went into shock. They moved away. How will I ever find them now?