Chapter 4

After a few weeks I felt like I was getting nowhere. There were a lot of Wang's in Korea, and how do you find someone you've never seen. As I was getting off the computer, Roger came down with a file.

   "You may want to sit down." He said

My heart stopped because usually when they start a conversation like that it's never good. Yuna came in as we moved to the livingroom and ran to my side asking if we found anything.

   "I found a lot on your family but are you sure you're ready?" Roger asked.

This is the time, my last time. I can walk out and pretend like I never came here, or I can take that file and take another chance finding my family. So I nodded my head and he handed me my file. It had a pictures of my mom, dad, and brother. They were lovely. My mom had black long hair and beautiful brown/black eyes, my dad was a tall strong man with short black hair, and my brother was average size with black hair wearing a hat. This is my... family. Wait what's this?

    "Wang Jackson. 23 years old and an kpop idol in Korea called Got7?! An idol?!"

   I sat for a bit re-reading the file. I can't believe I finally have everything I need to find them but they're doing perfect without me. Why would they want me now? Maybe I should just go back home now. I slumped my head down till Yuna put her hand on my back.

     "Go to them sweetie. A mother would never forget her only daughter."

I smiled at that and then asked them if they could drop me off at the airport. They both smiled and helped me book a ticket to Korea.

The next day:

    My heart is pounding and my mind is racing. I can't even think anymore or else my head will explode. Yuna started to hold my hand to calm my nerves. It didn't help since I started to squeeze her hand like it was my lifeline. Roger handed me my ticket then stepped away to give Yuna and I some privacy.

      "Don't worry Miya. You're family will be so happy to finally see what a beautiful girl you've become.''

I smiled at what she said but my doubt started to kick in. What is there to be proud of? My brother is an idol and I'm just a failure. No college degree and my adoptive family didn't even want me. A tear slid down and Yuna wiped it away.

    "Shh sweetie. Give them a chance. You dad was with you all three days they had you. That means something." Yuna said.

Now boarding to Korea.
One last hug and a few tears. I boarded what I hoped would be my last time. I looked back at Yuna and Roger hugging each other. I waved and mouthed ''thank you." to them. They were the closest thing I had to a family.

    "WAIT!"

I turned around immediately to Yuna.

   "Here's my number. Call me when you find them, or if you just want to talk." Yuna said handing me her number.

I smiled at her and gave her one last.

   "I promise I'll call."

Then boarded my plane to Korea.