Chapter 3

Yuna pulled me into an unoccupied room once she noticed my state of shock. She started talking but I didn't really listen. I was watching her lips move until she hugged me. I didn't notice that I was crying. All I remember is me waking up in a hospital bed with Yuna next to me. Once she saw me awake, she came to me with a glass of water.

    ''Are you okay?" She asked.

I was a little confused on how I ended up on the hospital bed but before I could ask the Yuna answered.

    "You went into shock and fainted. You were only out for maybe an hour or two. But I understand that it was a lot to take in."

    After a while she started again about my parents. My mom had to stay at the hospital for a few days because of the complications and how she could never see me or else she wouldn't have the strength to let me go. But my dad was by my side for three days till my mom was discharged.

    "Why did he stay with me?" I asked.

   "He didn't want you to be alone."

I started to cry when she said that. It had to be so hard to see me and then letting me go. Yuna continued saying how she was with my mom through the whole process and all she talked about was the life she wanted her daughter to have. How she couldn't give me a life because they barely had enough to feed themselves and my brother.

"What do you know about my brother?" I asked.

   "Not a lot. She only said how he's two years old and staying with family till she comes home."

    Before my mom was discharged she told Yuna how she couldn't keep me but to not put me in an orphanage. So she signed me over to Yuna Huang as a foster mom till they found me a family.

    "I actually kept her updated about you till you were taken to another family. I just wanted to let your mom know that you were going to be taken care of." Yuna said.

My eyes casted down because I didn't know if I should tell her about my adoptive family. They did take care of me but they didn't love me. But my quietness must have alarmed Yuna since she asked me what happened after I left.

    "The family gave me a life. They put me through school, sports and dance. But they never told me I was adopted. I actually only found out a few days ago. But as I was leaving they told me they didn't love me and how ungrateful I am because I want to find my real parents now. I get why they didn't want to tell me but now I feel like they thought I owed them."

    I was really sad now again because I didn't know what to do anymore because I wouldn't know where to start if I left for Korea.

    "Stay with me for a little bit till you have an idea where to go in Korea." Yuna said.

   '' Are you sure? I wouldn't want to intrude." I said.

She shook her head and told me to wait so she can ask her boss to take a few days off. I waited around till Yuna came in with her stuff and asked me to follow her to her car.

    We pulled up to a small house maybe 20 minutes away from the hospital. She informed me that it's just her and her husband around since her kids are all married and out of the house. Inside felt like a home. It was all open and clean. Where her living space felt like a place where family can hang out and spend time together. A beautiful dining area where with dishes and untensils set to where I was afraid to even touch anything.

    "Make yourself at home. I'll go get my husband from the study."

I was around the livingroom imagining living here then a big house the was usually empty.

   ''Miya? This is Roger my husband." She said smiling up to her husband.

He then extended his hand with a smile.

   "Nice to meet you Miya. Welcome to our home."

He was really tall and clean shaven. He had a full head of black hair that was starting to turn grey. I took his hand to shake it and thanked him for the hospitality. We talked for a bit and he helped on how I could maybe find my family. He was an ex private investigator and said he could maybe call up a few friends to help. Is this what having a family felt like? Helping each other and just talking? This was a weird feeling.