Chapter 3

Dedicated to _XxLucianaxX_ 

_____

The rest of my classes rolled by slowly, AP Geometry and AP Biology. I liked both of them but this school seemed to be behind work compared to the school I had come from.

Now standing in the girls changing rooms, I was getting dressed in the uniform the office lady had given me this morning.

"Why do we even bother with this class, not like we do anything anyways," The girl I spoke to earlier in the hallway said.

"To stare at the hot guys, duh." One of her friends said, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

Rolling my eyes, I slide my shirt over the top of my head and walked out of the changing rooms.

None of the other girls dressed in their gym clothes besides me and two other girls. One looked like your typical nerd, thick-framed glasses and flinched away every time someone passed her. She was kind of cute in a way, she was one of those girls who never took the time to dress up and do her hair to show her real beauty, she seemed like the type who always blended in with the crowd, never noticed, never heard.

I sat close to her on the benches but not close enough to make her uncomfortable.

The other girl was the one from AP English; she was pretty, long black hair with a single red stripe, and slim build, she sat with the boys from English, in fact, she was the only girl who sat on the boy's side of the gym. The boys all sat on the opposite side of the gym from us girls. Our gym teacher blew his whistle, signaling for everyone to shut up.

"Alright class, we will be playing dodgeball today." He gestured to the setup of balls lined in the middle of the huge gym.

"Who will like to play? Raise your hand." He yelled over the talking girls.

My hand shot up and so did everyone on the boy's side. I looked at the girls to see if anyone else's hand was up and to my surprise, the girl with the framed glasses hand was up too.

I like her already. I thought, eyeing her.

"Who are you?" The gym teacher asked, pointing at me.

"Ava." I called back to him.

Everyone stared and listened closely to our exchange.

"Come here Ava." The teacher called back.

If anyone in the gym didn't know who I was, well they know who I am now. My face stoic, I made my way over to him.

"Huh, I didn't know you were starting today Ava Catia Vice." He said looking down at his clipboard, saying my full name louder then he needed to.

"Well, here I am." I said making jazz hands.

People giggled and laughed around us but the teacher soon dismissed me back to where I was once sitting.

"Everyone who wants to play get down here, Silas and Drew you're the leaders, pick your teams." The teacher yelled out.

We all waited to get picked out by the two guys I sat with in my first class this morning, Silas is the one with dark grey eyes and curly hair, and Drew is the one with green eyes and slicked back hair.

As expected nerdy girl and I were the last picks.

"Pricks." I muttered under my breath, making the other girl chuckle.

"I don't want either of them on my team." Drew said, staring at me and nerdy girl in disgust.

"Go suck your ass." I bit back, staring daggers at the asshole.