Chapter 44

Tucking Beau back into her bed, I closed the door behind me and rushed down the stairs with Preston and Felik flanking me while Messiah held me behind him.

"YOU'RE A SELFISH BASTARD YOU KNOW THAT!" Zade yelled followed with a loud crash soon after.

Once at the bottom of the stairs, a dozen men in suits were backed up against the wall with Lucian and Seth by the rest of my security team.

The unknown men coward away once they spotted us descending the stairs.

"You two knew!" Maceo yelled at Lucian and Seth, pointing an accusing finger.

"Of course we did, why do you think we showed Zade so much respect." Seth spoke up.

"Zaden?" I called out, rushing into the family room to find him holding an older man up against the wall by the collar of his shirt.

"WHY THE FUCK IS THERE SOREIGN GUARDS HERE, ARE YOU ALL INVOLVED WITH HIM?" Noels yelled but soon kept quiet once Messiah and Zion pulled their guns.

"Do not disrespect Soreign in front of me." Messiah threatened in a bored tone, which only made me more nervous.

"Messiah, stop." I begged, trying to pull out of Preston's tight hold.

After a long moment of staring Noels down, they lowered their guns and put them away.

Noels stared at me but turned his attention to the floor once Messiah reached for his gun again.

"You're a sorry excuse of a father, fuck off out of our home, you're not welcome here." Zade dropped him to the floor with a loud thud.

"I did this for you." Noels picked himself up, brushing off imaginary dust from his slacks.

"You did this for yourself! You were always a money and power hungry prick even when I was a kid." Zade spat, towering over his father.

"Your mother Evyna is alive too, they all want to meet you." Noel's flicked over his shoulder.

"What did you just say?" Zade spun him back around with a tight grip on his shoulder.

"Evyna is alive." Noels' thrust his shoulder from Zade's hold.

"You told me my mother died giving birth to me." Zade growled, he looked so fierce and angry it almost scared me to see.

"No one other then your mothers immediate family know you exist." Noel's got out before a loud crack sound filled the room.

"Get out." Zade growled, watching as his father got back up on to his feet.

"I raised you better." Noel's held his broken nose.

"That's funny brother, you never raised him." Maceo glared.

"Evyna will send for you, if you do not cooperate then expect to be dragged out of this house." Noel's narrowed his eyes at Zade.

"Is that a threat?" Messiah stepped towards him and Noels went running in the opposite direction.

Jesus, Carter must really be that bad. I thought.

"No, no of course not." Noels shook his head.

"S-s-soreign has no business with my son or my family." Noel's said quietly.

"Son and family? You must have lost your mind." Maceo scoffed.

"We do but that's none of your business. You know where the door is." Messiah dismissed him like he was some kind of garbage.