Chapter 34

The next week was spent with Zade recovering, to say guys have no ears was an understatement. Him and the rest of the boys still played fight like he didn't have a gunshot wound. Today is his birthday and all he asked for was to have a quiet one with his immediate family, meaning only our household. Everyone was disappointed because they wanted to have something big and flashy for him but he stood his ground.

"What would you like to do since you won't let us throw you a party?" Nadia huffed as she stormed into his room.

I sat doing mine and Zade's homework that we've missed on his bedroom floor with papers and textbooks scattered around me in a circle while Zade was getting dressed in his closet.

"Movies and Pizza in the family room." He called out.

"That's cute, at least let me go shopping for snacks and things." She called back after giving me a hug.

"Okay." He agreed with a chuckle as Nadia squealed.

"Come on Av, let's go shopping." She pulled at my hand.

"Can't you take Kenna instead?" Zade frowned.

"Kenna? Really." Nadia deadpanned.

"I'll be back soon." I pulled him towards me.

"You're leaving me on my birthday?" He held his hand over his heart.

"Oh shut up Zaden, I'll have her back in a hour or so." Nadia rolled her eyes and left for her bedroom to get her purse.

"Can I open my present now?" He asked dipping down and kissing my neck softly.

"No not yet." I moaned as he sucked gently.

"Curiosity killed the cat right?" He stared at the neatly wrapped box that sat on his bedside table.

"And satisfaction brought it back." I laughed against his lips.

"Indeed." He whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I'll be back soon." I ran my hands up his shoulders.

"You better be." He kissed me once more before Nadia came back into his room with her purse.

"Here take my wallet." He held out his wallet to me.

I was about to protest but Nadia stepped in and plucked it from his hand.

"Thanks bro." She winked and pulled me along with her.

"Nadia!" He yelled as she looked back at me with a sly smile.

I laughed along with her as we grabbed Beau and left for the garage.

"Lets take one of his cars too." Nadia giggled.

"Are we going to get ice cream?" Beau jumped in my arms.

"We can." I nodded as she clapped excitingly.

"Let's take his Dodge, we can fit Beau's car seat in there." I pointed at the Dodge Charger key that hung next to all of the other keys.

We made our way to the mall; people stared at the car once we pulled up. Guys whistled and cat called but stopped once I pulled Beau out of her car seat and placed her on my hip. Beau called me mummy making me and Nadia break out into laughs at the guy's faces. I was grateful I decided to bring Beau, she stopped the uncomfortable stares.

We went to different shops to buy everything Nadia saw, me and Beau unwillingly followed her to every store she saw that sold candy.

"Can we go get ice cream now?" Beau huffed, her chubby cheeks a shade of pink.