Chapter 22

Hiiiiiiiii, yaya to double updates *wink* in celebration of this book getting to #17 in Action yayayaya. Thank youuuuuu xo
_____

"How generous of you." Kenna smirked.

I was shocked at the sudden change in her mood; she gave me a different facial expression, her normal glare that always seemed to rest on her face at me disappeared.

"You're up in 20 minutes, do you want to go change?" Zade whispered, his eyes were big, like he was worried about something.

I could feel eyes on me, close by. It was a weird feeling; chills ran up and down my back in whirls. The back of my head was burning hot. Turning to the source of the stares, 9 pairs of eyes stared back at me with intense curiosity, I smiled warmly hoping they'd turn away but they never did so I turned back around to Zade.

"Yeah, I'll go in a little." I said, trying to calm Zade's nerves.

I stared at Lucian and his two sons, Colin looked different to his father and brother, he looked older then 25, he had dark hair and brown eyes, and his build was of any attractive guy, buff shoulders, strong arms and narrow hips. I assumed he looked more like his mother since the dark hair and chocolate brown eyes. I guess he didn't know who Vee was too since he kept looking around the warehouse.

People in this room, held some sort of power in the underground Maceo explained before, he told me to just stay with them at all times and I'll be fine, I had no intentions of wondering off by myself anyways, Zade's presence helped coping with our surroundings and so did Kota.

"I'll go strap up now." I whispered, pushing off of Zade and Blaine's arms.

"Security will follow, please come back to me safely." Zade said, his voice worried and his face pained.

"Always." I kissed his cheek and left.

Sure enough, three of Maceo's security flanked me as I walked to the changing rooms.

The intense stares of the other people in the booth followed me, it gave me a different vibe I couldn't explain, it wasn't creepy but it was at the same time. I ignored them and the rest of the people in the room, they all stared as I walked by, nothing I wasn't use to now.

I quickly dressed in my fighting attire and strapped my feet and hands, butterflies erupted in my stomach at the challenge, I haven't fought anyone with so much experience and it was accelerating.

Walking out of the changing room, people stared again, this time curiously.

"Remember to tire him out." Kota said, slapping my back and taking my bag. "Just go up to the MC over there in the velvet suit, you got this." Kota gave me thumbs up with his sausage fingers.

I walked over to the MC and told him who I was. He of course gave me a once over and laughed.

Asshole. I thought but I smiled in return.

"Are you sure about this?" His sandpapery voice asked.

"Yes." I waved him off and jumped through the ropes.

I waited and watch as Colin made his way out of the guys changing room, a frown replaced his emotionless face as soon as he saw me standing in the ring. The stares grew more intense by the second.

Finally, Colin got in the ring, he had a muscle tee and shorts on, and his hands and feet weren't strapped.

"Are you really Vee?" He asked and I nodded.

He seemed like a nice guy but I really did hope he'd give me a challenge like I wanted.

"Colin vs. Vee." The MC said through a microphone.