Chapter 16

I spent the whole week hanging out with Grayson as much as I could after school and during the weekend. Time flies when you don't want it to, now I was watching Grayson pack the last of his things getting ready to leave for Colton Academy.

"I'll be back during Christmas break, if you need me to come back I will." Grayson said, his voice soft.

"I'm going to miss you." I said, pulling him into a bear hug.

"Me too." He sniffled.

"Don't cry or you'll make me cry."

A soft knock sounded at our door and Grayson quickly let go and opened the door for his friend Ben, the boy who also got a scholarship. Since Ben and his parents were going to the Academy as well, the two boys planned to just go together and I wouldn't have to drop him off.

"Hey Grayson, you ready?" He asked as he waved at me.

"Yup, I just got to say bye to my sister." Grayson said, handing his bags to Ben.

"I'm so grateful I have a sister like you." Grayson pulled me into another hug, "Thank you for everything you do for me, you're the best sister anyone could ever ask for." He choked out.

"What are older sisters for?" I laughed, tears rolled down my cheeks as I clung to my little brother.

"You better go, they're waiting." I said, wiping at my face and pulling away, "I opened you a bank account and put money in there for you, if you need more just let me know and I'll put some in, I also put some cash into your wallet.".

"I got you a present too." I said, pulling out a small box.

"Didn't have to get me a present Av." He said, shaking his head.

"I know but I wanted to, open it."

He opened and slipped out a silver chain, it was exactly like our fathers, it was plain but I knew it would look nothing but plain on Grayson.

"Is this Dads one? I thought it got lost in the wreckage." He said, his eyes wide.

"I wish it was but I brought it from a small boutique." I said sadly.

"Thanks Av, I love it." He kissed my cheek before Ben came back to our door.

"I got to go, I'll see you soon and I'll text you as soon as I settle in." He said pulling me into a last hug.

"I love you." I whispered and pushed him out of the door.

"Love you sis." He said, waving.

"Both of you enjoy school over there and be safe." I said, waving.

"Bye Av." They said in unison, turning and jumping into the waiting car in the driveway.

As soon as they were gone, I closed the door and the tears I held in as I said my final goodbye dripped down my face.

The rest of my Friday and Saturday was spent moping around the house, cleaning and listening to music all day. I'm currently on my way to talk to Maceo and Christopher, Kota has been receiving worrying text over the last couple of days and it's been worrying me so I decided to go over there today and talk about the offer.

Pulling up into the driveway, I park and jump out and made my way up the stairs, pressing the doorbell.

"Hey Ava, come in." Judy said, stepping to the side so I could enter.

"Hi Judy, how are you?" I asked, walking through to the entrance.

"I'm very good hun." She smiled as Zade, Blaine and Silas came striding in from the family room.