Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning nervous, not knowing if I should go to Nadia's birthday or not since her father and the rest of them knew about me fighting underground, I wondered if Nadia knew but then again if she did then she would have asked about it.

I felt bad that I was thinking of skipping her birthday since she's been nothing but sweet to me. So I decided to go and just hoped that her Dad was occupied or something.

Thankfully the weather turned out for Nadia and it was hotter then I wanted it to be, I broke out into a sweat the moment I stepped out of the house but I soon cooled down thanks to the air conditioning in my car. It was currently 9 am and the birthday didn't start until 12 pm but I wanted to go out and grab a present for Nadia, I didn't want to go empty-handed.

Pulling up in a parking spot, I quickly ran inside not wanting to be in the hot weather any longer. I knew Nadia liked butterflies because her whole phone was decorated with different colored butterfly stickers every other day, I remembered overhearing her and Emma talk about it. So I tried looking around for something relating to butterflies.

I walked passed a jewelry shop that caught my eye, strolling in, I looked around before a baby blue butterfly necklace caught my eye but even though it was pretty I felt like it wasn't something Nadia would wear often so I kept looking till I found some stud earrings, they were a stunning deep red, shaped like butterfly wings. I quickly brought them, they weren't overly expensive but they'd suit Nadia very well.

Since I haven't got any bathing suits or bikinis that I can fit, I quickly went into a random bikini store and bought the first thing I saw and rushed back home to get ready.

I slipped my new bikini on first so I wouldn't have to change at Nadia's, the color of the bikini was a dull yellow, it was simple but clung to my curves and accentuated them more, with spaghetti straps on the bikini top but a thicker fabric on the bottoms. Slipping a white crop top with ruffles on each opening of the top, I quickly slipped my long white flowy skirt to match. Even though my skirt sat at my waist, the crop top wasn't long enough to cover my exposed skin but I wasn't complaining, it looked cute, good for the occasion.

Swiping my eyelashes with waterproof mascara to make them appear longer than they already were, I then added lip-gloss before throwing it into my brown purse.

I had put my long hair into braids this morning while it was wet so once I returned home, my hair would be dried and has curled itself in the braid, so I undid my braids carefully not wanting to muck them up and added a little dry shampoo to give it some volume.

I appraised my outfit once more and made sure everything was on right and sprits my perfume on before grabbing my keys, purse, towel and present, and heading out of the door, yelling a goodbye to Grayson.

Finally pulling up to the gate, I had to give my name before they'd allow me in, the place was packed with a lot of expensive cars, people who had just shown up as well stared at me probably wondering who I was but I smiled their way and continued up the familiar stairs, I texted Nadia I was here and she replied almost immediately saying she'd come get me from the entrance of the house so I waited there as people I assumed were her family walked deeper into the house.

"AVA!" Nadia's excited voice yelled as she came running through the house in a red sundress.

"Happy Birthday." I squeezed out, her arms wrapping themselves around me.

"Thank you." She blushed.

"I wanted to see who made Nadia so happy to run away from greeting her family." Maceo's voice drifted through the entrance as he smiled at me and Nadia.

"Sorry dad." She blushed, pushing her glasses back up her nose.

"Hi." I waved, returning his smile.