Chapter 30

"I disowned her in hopes she would change her mind and leave him." Fane said, his head in his hands.

I stumbled back and Zade caught me before I fell flat on my ass.

He's lying. I chanted in my head.

"Your parents fell in love, your father cut ties to his family as well to be with Maya. Hayze's father Vice let him go but Hayze was to never show his face anywhere near Mexico ever again if he wanted to remain alive."

I stayed quiet; I wanted to know everything he knew.

"When your mother rung me to say she had you, my hate towards her grew stronger. I told her to never bother me again and that was the last time I heard her voice, almost 18 years ago." Fresh tears ran down Fane's face.

If my grandparent's are these people then who the hell is that woman I use to call my Grandmother. I thought.

"I regret what I did to your mother and I can't take it back and make it better but I can start with you, if you will give me a chance." He stared at me with pleading eyes.

I turned in Zade's arms; my tears fell as he wrapped me in his arms securely with his cologne calming me.

"Can you take me home?" I cried into his chest.

Zade wasted no time and started walking with me wrapped in his arms.

"Please Ava." Fane and the rest of them begged.

"Threaten to see her again and I'll make sure to come back here and kill you myself." Zade growled.

Fane stopped running after us and stared at me, his body shook with sobs as he watched me leave.

"It's like watching her leave again." I heard him cry out.

Zade buckled me into the passenger seat and ran around to the driver's side. We sped out of the gates and back home.

"Baby, it's okay." Zade pulled my hand into his lap as he drove; he was doing 200 down the highway.

"Do you think it's all true?" I sobbed.

"I don't know princess, I wish I knew all the answers for you." He kissed my hand softly.

"Me too." I cried louder, even when my makeup ran down my face he still looked at me the same way.

"Come on princess stop crying." He said softly, side-glancing at me with worried eyes.

Zade sped through every red light, pushing the car up to 250 and before I knew it, he was running around to my door and unbuckling me as I watched him through blurred eyes.

"You're okay." Zade pulled me into his arms, hugging me against his car and wiping my tears away.

"My life has been a lie Zade." I cried, I didn't know whether to be mad at my parents or not.

"No baby, it hasn't. You don't want to be apart of the life your parents left behind." He lifted my chin to stare up at him.

"But they didn't need to lie to me and Grayson." I choked out.

"I know, come on stop crying. It's hard watching you cry." He dipped down, kissing my lips.

"Give me another and I'll stop." I said between my sobs.

"You are a strange girl Ava Catia Vice." He chuckled but pulled me into a kiss seconds later.

"You good?" He asked smirking after pulling away from our kiss.

"Yup." I popped the p and leaned into his body more.

"Let's get you inside, Maceo is probably worried." He wiped the tears from my face, and cleaned my smudged makeup off.

"Ava!" Beau ran towards us once she caught sight of me and Zade entering the front door.

"Hi." I called out softly, picking her up and placing her on my hip.

"Mum, are you sad?" She asked placing her hand on my cheek.

Mum? What the hell. I thought.

"Never when I'm around you." I cooed, making her giggle.

I stared up at Zade worriedly and he only shrugged.

"She probably thinks of you as her mother because she doesn't see her real one, plus she adores you because you always make time for her." Zade whispered into my ear.

"It's okay mummy, don't' cry. I love you." Beau hugged my neck softly.

"I love you too Beau." I hugged her little body to me.

I placed her back on the floor and she ran back into the family room with the boys.

"Hey what's wrong?" Blaine asked, making his way over to Zade and me.

"I'll explain soon, tell Maceo I want a meeting ASAP." Zade said, guiding me up the stairs.

"Go sleep in my room, you've had a rough night." Zade kissed the side of my head.

"Don't leave me." I whispered.

"You'll be the death of me." He sighed. "Get into something more comfortable because it's going to be a long night."

Instead of leading me into my room, he pulled me into his.

"Wear one of my hoodies, I'll grab you some clean socks." He said, leaving me in his closet.

Stripping out of my jeans and top, I walked over to his hoodies that hung neatly.

"Av." He groaned, covering his eyes respectfully.

"You can look now." I laughed, folding my clothes neatly and placing them on his dresser he had in his closet.

"I was already looking." He took long strides towards me.

"Zade." I laughed, pulling him to me.

"Here, they'll keep your feet warm against the marbled floors." He handed me some fluffy white socks.

"Thank you." I pecked his lips and slipped them on.

"Maceo is waiting, let's go down to his office." He slipped his hand in mine and we made our way down.

His white hoodie was big on me, reaching mid-thigh so I didn't need anything else to cover up.

Maceo, Chris and Blaine sat in the office already discussing something in hushed tones when we entered. I greeted Maceo and Chris with a hug and made my way over to Zade and sat across his lap with my back against the couches armrest and my head tucked into his neck. He laid a blanket across my thighs making me more comfortable.

"Lucian and Seth are on their way, they wanted to be here." Chris said with a frown.

"Is that okay with you?" Zade asked me, he looked pissed at Maceo and Chris.

"Yeah." I didn't want Maceo and Chris to get in some kind of trouble so I agreed to it, plus I didn't mind Lucian or Seth.

They all spoke about something else I was clueless to so I focused on Zade's scent lulling me in and out of sleep. Resting my head on his chest, the sound of his steady heartbeat and the vibration of his chest when he spoke finally pushed me into a deep sleep with his scent surrounding me.