Chapter 45

Appreciation chapter for all my readers, from silent to non-silent. Thank you for reading what I have to offer. Stay tuned. Love, Sentima xo
Ps- YOU'RE CRYING, NOT ME.
_____

"Ava, can we talk to you please." Maceo asked as soon as me and Zade stepped through the door.

"Of course." I nodded, making my way over to Chris and pulled him into a quick hug since I haven't seen him in a while.

I followed behind them towards Maceo's office. I caught the reflection of myself as we passed a mirror, I looked exactly how I felt, tired and a plain mess. My hair in all directions and heavy eye bags under my eyes but I didn't care. Expectations of a girl or young woman are way too high, looking picture perfect isn't in my books right now.

I sat and waited for one of them to say something.

"I know it's wrong of me to ask because this isn't your responsibility but I trust no one other then you to take care of her." Maceo started of as he hung his head.

"Just get to it." Carter cut in before Maceo could continue.

Maceo and Chris flinched at Carters harsh tone.

"Don't push your luck." I gave Carter a look of disapproval.

"Sorry irmãzinha." He muttered before sinking back into his seat.

"Will you take care of Beau while I handle things with Zaden? I know it's a lot, and I honestly tried to think of other ways but came back with nothing." He pleaded.

"Can't you leave her here with Judy and Nadia?" Chris asked.

"Beau's attached to Ava and Zade, they're the only two who can settle Beau other then myself." Maceo shook his head. "I can't take Beau with me, it's too dangerous."

"Judy will come with you and help you. You won't even need to do anything really." Maceo ran his fingers through his hair.

"Can we call Judy in here? I just want to ask her a question." I asked and Maceo nodded, picking the phone up.

Seconds later Judy popped her head through the door. "Yes?"

"Can you come in please, I just have a question." I smiled, gesturing to the free space next to me.

"Of course hun." She nodded, sitting down next to me.

"They've talked to you about coming with me and Beau?"

"Yes." She nodded.

"I know you have a husband and a son, do you genuinely want to come or would you prefer to stay here?" I asked.

"I'd prefer to stay but it's my job to help with Beau so I have no choice." She smiled half-heartedly.

"You're staying, I'll be fine with Beau on my own." I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Ava, we can't put the burden of taking care of Beau on you full-time." Maceo shook his head.

"Beau isn't a burden. We'll be fine. As long as you come and see her regularly then me and you won't have a problem." I said sternly.

"Are you sure about this Ava, it's a big responsibility." Maceo searched my eyes for any doubt.

"I'm more then sure, Beau is a good kid, we'll be fine." I gave him reassurance.

"You can leave now." Carter pointed at the door for Judy.

"Of course." She stuttered.

"Thanks Judy." I called out before she left.