Chapter 5

Dedicated to Carooline63 .

_____

My alarm went off at 7 o'clock, indicating I had to get up for school. Rolling out of bed tiredly, I quickly showered and headed downstairs to have something to eat since I was so starving from the lack of food I ate yesterday.

I whipped up pancake batter and made a stack of pancakes for me and Grayson, adding some sliced fruits to the side before calling him down.

He came running down dressed and with his school bag on his shoulder, "Morning." He smiled.

"Morning, how were the tryouts?" I asked, placing his plate in front of him.

"Good, I think I'll get in." He replied, eyeing the pancakes happily.

We talked over breakfast about how he liked the school and about the friends he's made so far. We both complained about the school being behind but we were happy at the same time since we didn't have to study or anything like the other kids.

"I'll clean up and you can go finish getting ready." He said, packing the used dishes into the dishwasher.

"Deal." I ran back upstairs to pick out an outfit.

The weather was going to get hotter than it already was, so I picked out something simple but nice.

Slipping on a black and white checkered skort, I threw on a grey crop top and put my black vans on. I let my hair out, cascading down my back, applying mascara and lip-gloss before heading back downstairs.

"Lunches in your bag already and I put a bottle of water in there." Grayson handed me my bag.

"Thanks Gray." I said, using his nickname.

"Let's go shall we." He said checking to see if the doors are locked.

"Let's." I said checking the time.

It was 8:00, though school didn't start till 8:30, we left anyway, giving us enough time to get our books and things.

People stared once again as we walked up the stairs to the entrance of the school.

"When do you think the stares will stop?" Grayson asked, his arm slung over my shoulders.

"No clue." I huffed.

"Well, I have to go find my friends." He said kissing my cheek and heading off into the sea of students.

I had AP English up first like yesterday, so I went to my locker getting out my notes and other things I needed.

"Morning Ms. Vice." Mr. F said from his desk.

"Morning." I said back, stopping in my tracks, as I stared at the full tables that were empty for half of the lesson yesterday morning.

They all stared at me with curiosity like the rest of the school, though Kenna had her head in her hands not paying attention like the rest. I gave back a stoic look to the guys and made my way to the seat I sat at yesterday.

"Vee, right?" Silas was the first one to speak.

"Ava." I shook my head, pulling my notes out.

"We're almost finished the whole project so you don't need to do anything." The silvery voice I recognized from the student car park yesterday said.

"Is there anything I can do? I'd like to do something so I don't feel bad about not helping and getting a grade from you guys." I exclaimed, pulling my hair into a high ponytail.