Streets

The cold wind was blowing through the holes in the fabric of your shirt. Dirt and sand covering the wounds that were all over your arms and legs. You were tired. You didn't have any food and there was no food left in the trash bins. You tried desperately to get some money but to no avail. A lot of people hated hybrids just because we were different. Just because we have animal trades such as a good nose and a tail and ears didn't mean you were emotionless and didn't feel pain. You were just as normal as everybody else. You just had some trouble learning because a certain area of your brain was smaller than a normal functioning human.

Luckily, there were people who actually cared about you when you were younger. You lived with an old man and your brother, who was also a hybrid, in a little house outside of town. You and your brother were happy. However, when you were just 15 years old, a group thief's robbed your old owner and killed him. You called for backup and got away from the man. Your brother, unfortunately, hadn't met such a fate and was taken away from you. You tried to save him but you couldn't. You were too weak to fight them.

You often wondered if your brother was still alive. He was 18 when he was basically kidnapped. You have searched for him but to no avail. Eventually, you gave up trying. You lost hope. You cried at the thought of your brother being brutally murdered. You wanted to look into his brown eyes again. But sadly, you knew it wasn't going to happen.

After the owner had died, you tried your best to give him a nice funeral. He never saw his family and the owner never spoke to them so you had to come up with plans for the funeral yourself. After that, you tried your best to pay the landlord for the rent but since nobody accepted your job application and thus couldn't make money, you got kicked out. You had been living on the streets for four months now and it sucked. You were starving and tired. Many people had been beating you up because you were looking around in their trash bins for food or simply because they thought you were a disgrace.

You sighed. The last time you had eaten anything was a week ago. You were hungry. Desperate to tase something that could calm your hunger down. You looked out of the ally you were in and smelled fresh bread and a lot of other things coming from the end of the ally where all the cars drove past the stores that were everywhere around you in this street.

You couldn't contain yourself. This might be your only chance to keep yourself alive. You needed to steal that person's food.