The Photo

Work had gone by rather quick. You had collected your uniform and just started working and before you knew it, your shift was already over. You had gone home and just watched tv and waited for Namjoon to arrive.

You wondered, what does Namjoon's room look like? You never went in because you respected his privacy, but you were curious. And soon, your curiosity got the best of you and you started walking to his room.

You opened the door and walked in. You weren't really sure what you were expecting. People in the movies always found weapons, drugs or dead body's in these kinds of rooms. But the house owners in movies were always some kind of gangster or mafia boss. You chuckled. To think Namjoon could actually become some kind of gangster. He is way too sweet for that.

You looked around you and saw a neatly made up bed, a desk filled with paperwork which was probably his homework, a closet that couldn't be used for 2 persons because it was too small and a nightstand with a lamp and a photo on it.

You walked to the nightstand and took the photo. You looked at it. You saw a woman and a man, laughing into the camera, and a little boy with a teddy bear smiling brightly into the camera as well. They stood in some kind of park judging from all the grass and the tree in the background.

You weren't sure who these people were. You thought that maybe the boy could be Namjoon but you weren't sure. You put the photo back and left the room. You already felt guilty enough that you were snooping around in his room without permission. Not that he ever told you that you needed permission. But it still felt wrong.

You walked to the kitchen and made a drink. You sat down and started watching tv again. Half a hour later, Namjoon arrived. He looked exhausted so you gave him a hug.

"Did you have a nice day Monnie?" You asked while you broke the hug and walked into the living room with him.

"Yes, but I am exhausted." He said and sat down on the couch.

"Do you need anything Monnie?"

"If you could get me a glass of water, I would really appreciate it." he said while getting comfy on the couch.

You brought him a glass of water and sat down beside him.

"You know," he began. "I have been thinking about that nickname and I realized, I still call you by your name. I should give you a nickname too. I was thinking I should call you momo. I don't really know why, but you look like a mono."

You laughed. "Why am I a 'momo?'"

"Because you have big ears and a long tail. In my mind, momo's have a long tail and big ears. You fit the description perfectly." He said. Trying to sound serious.

"Well, that's true. I guess I really am a mono" you giggled.

Namjoon smiled and started watching tv. You were still wondered who that boy in the photo was.

"Hey Namjoon, can I ask you something?"

"You already did." He grinned. "But yes of course. Ask ahead." He said while shifting his gaze to you.

"Okay, so I might, might have gone into your room without you knowing and without your permission and I might have seen a picture with three people in it. Who are those people?" You asked. You thought he would get mad at you for snooping into his room. But surprisingly, he didn't.

"Those adult are my parents. They live 3 hours from here. That little boy was me when I was 5 years old." He said.

"But why do your parents live 3 hours away?" you asked.

"I skipped a grade in elementary school because I was a grade ahead on all subjects. I am in my first year of college now and I had to move out to an apartment. Otherwise, I would've to travel 6 hours a day, and since that is a waste of money and time, I choose to live relatively close to my college."

"Oh now I get it." You said. "But aren't you mad at me for snooping around in your room without your permission?"

"I'm not mad. I got nothing to hide. But I do prefer if you ask for permission." He said while he began watching tv again.