blood (sweat) and tears

"Hey momo" Namjoon began. "What happened to your parents? Were your parents also your 'old owner'?" He asked.

"Actually, I have no idea's who my parents are. I was too young to remember what happened. I was adopted by my old owner before the age of 1. My brother would've known what happened to our parents." You said while looking down. You still didn't like to talk about your brother and old owner.

In an instant, you felt like you were drowning in guilt. You should have done something. You could have done something. But you didn't. You were a coward and now, your owner, whom you had considered your dad, died a cruel death. Not to mention your brother. Heck, you didn't even know if he was alive. He's gone. He had to be gone.

Tears well up in your eyes. Once the first tear went down your cheek, an uncontrollable amount of tears started going down your face as well.

"Calm down Y/N. It's fine. You're safe. You don't need to think about your past if it hurts you." He said.

"NO, IT'S NOT OK! I may be safe but they weren't. They're probably both dead!  I should have done something. I could have done something. I could've saved them. I could have saved them both! I could've..." You weren't able to finish your sentence. You started hyperventilating and couldn't stop your tears. The experience had traumatized you. You had tried to deny that. You had tried to forget what happened but that was impossible.

NJ Pov
~

You were shocked. She trusted you enough to open up to her. But you did not know how to reassure her that everything is okay now. Because it wasn't okay. At least not for her.

"Breath Y/N. You might not have saved your old owner but you cannot change the past. And you said that they were probably both dead. Does that mean that you don't know if they're dead?" You said. You know you should comfort her but you weren't really sure how.

You just followed your heart and hugged her tight while placing her on your lap. You patted her back and kept saying it would be ok. Even if you knew that those are lies. Such big emotional wounds can be healed but they will leave everlasting scars.

"My old owner got killed by chiefs who were robbing us. He didn't cooperate so that's probably why they killed him. M-my brother... my brother tried to fight the thieves but they took him. I don't know what happened to him after that. I was hiding upstairs in the closet because I was scared and I thought that I was too weak to fight. I should've fought them. Now my brother is gone and I'll never see them again. He might have been killed! It's my fault. I should have done something." She sniffed. She put her arms around me and also hold me tight. Her tail was tightly curled around my waist. Her head was resting on my shoulder and she was crying on my shoulder.

"So you don't know if he's dead. He may still be alive. I am sure you'll see him again." You said. You felt very bad for her. You never had an experience with a missing brother or a killed family member. And you were happy you didn't have that.

"Y/N, I am going to be honest. I don't know what to say. I don't have any experience close to what happened to you. But, whatever happens, I will support you in any way I can. That can be emotionally if you need a shoulder to cry on. But I will also stand by you if you need a home or something else. Like I am providing you with right now. I just want you to know I will be there for you. No matter what happens. Do you understand?" You said. It was devastating to hear this story. You wanted to help her, to fix her. Nobody, no human, hybrid, or anything else deserves this.

"I understand Namjoon. Thank you. Thank you for everything you've done for me. I know I say it a lot but this just means a lot to me." She said. She broke the hug and I saw her face. Her eyes were swollen and her face was red. But she was smiling. And that was the only thing that mattered at that moment. Her smile.

"Momo, do you want to watch tv again?"

"Sure Monnie" she giggled.

You laid down on the couch and shifted your head to the tv. Momo laid on top of namjoon with her head on namjoon's belly. Their breathing was synchronized. After a while, they both drifted off to sleep on the couch.