The Cafe

You had spent a total of 2 and a half weeks recovering from all your wounds. Namjoon had given you food, attention, water, a home. You couldn't express how happy you were to finally give something in return. You were also really happy that you could leave his home whenever you wanted because he made a spare key for you. You did come outside with him but you always had to wait until he came back from school and his job, which was around 10 pm. That was the reason you didn't really ask that often. He was working himself down to the bone just to provide for the two of you. You felt really guilty and that's why you may or may not have lied about your physical state. Your scares were gone but you still had some trouble walking sometimes and you zoned out a lot. But even though your physical state was not as good as it should be, you just couldn't see him suffer. You met namjoon 2 and a half week ago and already developed love for him. Not in a romantic way but in a family kind of way. You wanted to protect him, to make sure he was safe, to make sure he wouldn't end up just like your old owner and brother. You trusted him with all of your heart.

"Y/N are you coming? You're going to be late for work." Namjoon yelled from the other side of the house
"I'm coming" you said while running to the front door.
"Wow, someone is excited to go to work" Namjoon grinned
"Yes of course I am! I've been excited  the whole week." You smiled happily

It was a quick walk to the cafe. It was less than 15 minutes from Namjoon's home.

"How long was my shift again" you mentally facepalmed. Who would forget the time of their first shift at their first job?

"Your shift is from 11 am until 6 pm. Do you think you can handle that?" There was a little bit of worry in his voice but that was completely normal.

Namjoon POV
~
He hadn't let you outside in the real world alone so he was just worried that you forgot the way back home or that you'd get abducted or something. He knew the last one was a bit of a stretch but it could always happen. He had asked the manager to keep a close eye on her since she was a hybrid. Hybrids were not fully accepted into society yet. Mostly by the elders because they thought it was weird.

But the most dreadful stories about hybrids being attacked involved a innocent hybrid and a teen or young adult. Simply to show how strong they were. It was horrific, to say the least. Those people deserved a special place in hell.

He had always thought those people were in the wrong, but after he saw

"Well, we're here" you said.

"Are you home late again?" She asked.

"I'm not late tonight. I'll be home at 8 pm. Why?"

"No reason. I just wanted to know when you're home." She said while walking into the cafe.

"Bye Monnie!" she yelled at me and smiled while closing the door.

Y/N pov
~

You walked into the cafe. You expected it to be just like every other ordinary cafe. But instead, you were greeted by 8 cats. Was this some sort of joke? Or was this meant to keep you happy? Either way, you already liked it in here. It was a small cafe filled with a bar and 8 fluffy cats. You walked up to the bar.

"Excuse me, can I talk to the manager? I am a new employee but I do not know what to do because I haven't had any orders."

"Of course! What's your name? The man behind the bar asked enthusiastically.

"My name is Y/N." you smiled at him. He was so happy. It was like the Teletubbies' sun had come to earth and inserted himself into this person in front of you.

"What's your name?" You asked.

"Mine is Hoseok but you can call me Hobi."