A friendly talk

You sat at the table of the guy after you had left your "safe place" under the bed. You had learned that he wasn't going to hurt you like most humans did. He even gave you a piece of bread. You also learned that his name was Namjoon and that he was around your age.

"I am really sorry for all the trouble I caused. I think it is for the best if I leave now." Your tail was between your legs. You felt really guilty because he took you to his home to rest and yet you could not repay him with anything. You had no money, no food, no home and you were still too weak to work.

"It is ok you weren't really a big problem or anything while you slept. But can I ask you something?"

"Of course" you were a bit surprised, you did let him chase you for half of the street, which was about 500 meters. Not to mention that he had to drag you, as well as his groceries to his home. How were you "not a problem" to him.

"Why did you try to steal my groceries?" He looked very concerned.

"I had searched for something to eat for the whole week now, but I found nothing. All trash bins were either empty or didn't contain food. I became so desperate and I needed to eat something and that was when I smelled your groceries. I could smell it from 6 meters away because I can smell just as good as a cat. I am a hybrid after all." You had a hard time looking him in the eyes. The first problem being that you were so ashamed that you actually tried to steal food from a stranger for survival. The second, less important problem is is that Namjoon was handsome. You hadn't really looked at him much when you had woken up.

"Wait wait wait, trash bins? Do you live on the streets?" He looked really concerned.

"Well, I had an owner before, but due to some, inconveniences, I ended up living on the streets." You tried to hold your tears. The memory of your old owner getting killed really hurt. You loved your owner very much as well as your brother. But you will never see them again.

"Would you mind telling me what that inconvenience is?" He saw you struggling. He knew something was wrong.

You couldn't hold your tears anymore. Images of that day floated around in your head. You started sobbing and you covered your face with your hands so he couldn't see it. But your irregular breathing and sniffing made it obvious that you were crying.

You felt a hand on your shoulder.

"Hey, it is fine if you don't want to say what happened. It was probably really painful for you. I am not forcing you to answer my question." His words made you feel a little better.

"Thank you, thank you for this, and everything you have done for me. I will leave now." You said as you stood up and walked to the front door.

"But, you live on the street right? So you have nowhere to go. You can stay here. At least until we find a proper home for you." He couldn't possibly let you go out there. You'd starve or freeze to death or get mugged. If he could prevent a death than he would try to prevent it. Just like every good person does.

"Why are you so nice to me, I don't understand." You sobbed

"If you would go out there on your own, you will die. I don't want someone to die knowing I could have prevented it."

"I can't even express how gratefully I am. How on earth can I pay you back?" You had stopped sobbing.

"Well, you can get a job in a cafe. I actually have some connection with a cafe in town. You could work there and pay the rent with me. But you are in no state to work now. You're still too weak."

"I know. But this is the best state I have been in for the last 3 months." You sighed. You didn't know if that was a good thing or not. Knowing that you still weren't half as strong as you used to be

"Don't worry. You'll get your strength back." He said.

You walked up and hugged him tight.
"Thank you Namjoon"