Chapter 19: But Nobody Came

Papyrus' POV

Mettaton and I were learning cool tricks with our powers. I can do this really cool bone trick! I've got to show Sans! I called Sans, but nobody came. I called him again, but nobody came again. Wonder why he isn't answering. I texted him, I even putted bold letters on the word 'answer'.

'SANS! ANSWER YOUR PHONE! ANYWAYS, I'VE GOT TO SHOW YOU A COOL TRICK THAT I LEARNED WITH METTATON!'

Things are getting weird. He usually answers right away, but this time he isn't. I called Grillby to see if he's over there with him. "Nope, haven't seen Sans all day. Sorry Papyrus." Great, Sans is missing. I called Undyne.

"ALPHYS AND I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM ALL DAY. HE'S PROBABLY WITH TORIEL. WHY DON'T YOU ASK HER?" I started getting worried about Sans. He can't just disappear like that.

"Hello, this is Toriel speaking."

"HI TORIEL! I WAS WONDERING IF SANS IS WITH YOU RIGHT NOW." Please say yes.

"I'm sorry Papyrus. I am at the doctors for Frisk's checkup. Have you called anyone else?"

"I CERTAINLY DID. NOBODY HAS SEEN HIM ALL DAY."

"He's probably sleeping. Check at your house to see if he's there." I sighed and said okay. Is Sans okay? He's making me get worried already.

"METTATON, I HAVE TO GO CHECK ON SANS. HE'S MAKING ME WORRIED ALREADY.

"Alright darling. Come by next time." I left Mettaton's house and started walking to my house. Please let Sans be okay, I was very concerned about Sans. I finally reached to my house, the door was locked so I used the key. I opened the door, why was it dark in here? I tried looking for the light switch, I stepped on something weird...it felt like...dust? I found the switch and flipped it. I couldn't believe what just I saw.

"S-SANS! OH NO..." I saw his jacket where the dust was at. Did Sans...died? My hands were shaking while I picked up the jacket. The jacket was covered in blood, "S-SANS...WHO...WHO DID THIS TO YOU!" I started crying, I covered my face with the bloody jacket. "I-I WASN'T THERE...FOR YOU... I-IT'S ALL MY FAULT..."

I heard my Toriel coming with Frisk. "Papyrus, is everything alright. Why are you crying?" How can I explain this to Toriel now...

"S-SANS...I SHOULD'VE NOT LEFT YOU...IT'S ALL MY FAULT..."

"Papyrus, what are you talking about?" Toriel came closer and saw Sans' dust. "Oh...oh my..." She started crying with me. "W-Who killed h-him?"

"I-I AM NOT SURE...UNLESS..." I knew it! It was Asgore all along! "TORIEL, I'VE CALLED EVERYONE ELSE EXCEPT...ASGORE."

"That dirty little baster! I just want to tear him apart already!" I picked up Sans' dust, then I saw his soul coming out.

"H-HIS SOUL..." I put his dust and soul into a jar. I think Alphys can bring him back to life. That blue soul just kept floating in the jar. "Everything will be alright Sans...It's okay, I will be there..." I whispered to the soul. Toriel and I went to Asgore's house. Toriel left Frisk with Undyne and Alphys, something tells me that things aren't going to be pretty. I still had Sans' bloody jacket, I tied the jacket around my neck like my cape. This made me better, I think Sans can see me from the sky. Where ever he's at, I will bring him back to life. Toriel and I saw Asgore watering his Golden Flowers,

"Asgore Dreemurr. Have you had any idea what you've done?!" Wow, Toriel very angry at Asgore, I was pretty upset at him as well.

"Toriel! I-I have no idea what you're talking ab-"

I cut Asgore off, "STOP TRYING TO PLAY STUPID! I KNOW YOU KILLED SANS!" I was furious, I got madder than ever. Way madder when Sans tells his bad puns.

"Why would I hurt your stupid brother Papyrus? I haven't stepped a foot out of my house since yesterday." That was it, I got tired of his stupidity.

"I'LL KILL YOU FOR KILLING MY BROTHER YOU DIRTY BROTHER KILLER!!!" I tried to run up to him but Toriel was holding on to my cape.

"Papyrus calm down. I'll handle this." Calm down?! Doesn't she noticed that her boyfriend is dead? He's my brother...I don't want to forget about him...

"Asgore, why in the world would you kill Sans. You thought that I'll love you if you kill him?! Sans is the only person I loved...and he loved me back..." Toriel started crying, "I will never forgive you what you've done. Good day." She was about to leave but Asgore stopped her.

"Toriel wait! I know how to bring him back to life." Toriel stopped, she turned to look at Asgore. "Alphys has this machine to bring people back to life. I used it last night for..." Asgore saw Toriel looking at him.

"Why did you use it last night then?" Toriel was curious to know what he did with the machine, I was curious as well.

"Fine... I used it to bring back Chara so that they could kill Sans. I watched everything happened by a camera, Chara is gone now though. Once they killed Sans, their soul disappeared. I wanted to kill Sans for a reason, I wanted him dead so that we can be a happy family together again. Ever since Asriel and Chara died, you don't want to be with me anymore... You just spend your time with Frisk and Sans, but never with me... I just wanted a happy family with you again."

I'm guessing that Toriel wasn't paying attention to Asgore's speech, I didn't care though. The only thing I heard was Alphys having a machine to bring people back to life.

"I never want to have a family with you again. I want my family to be with Sans... He loves me more than you do, I hate you very much now. Even Papyrus hates you, for killing his brother." I had to agree on the last part, I hate Asgore very much now. "Come on Papyrus, let's go take Sans to Alphys."

I followed Toriel, I am hoping that Sans would be okay...

Thank you everyone for reading my book!