Chapter 22: Sans?

Papyrus' POV

I woke up in an empty room, the room was a blank white color. This is weird, I haven't dreamed anything like this before. I walked around to see if anyone was here. But nobody came. I couldn't tell if I was dreaming, this 'dream' felt real to me. The sound was very silent, I guess I did needed some quiet time.

"Papyrus...why...?" I turned around and saw Sans, he was normal now...not a ghost anymore.

"SANS! I'M SO HAPPY THAT YOU'RE BACK TO LIFE!" Sans just stared at me like if he was very upset.

"Papyrus...you promised me that you'll be there for me no matter what. Why did you leave me alone?"

I was very confused, "SANS. YOU WANTED TO BE ALONE, YOU DIDN'T BOTHER COMING WITH US...

Sans got mad at me, "This is all your fault! You should've stayed with me!" Sans was clenching his fists together like if he wanted to hurt me. "None of this would've happen if you just stayed with me!"

"S-SANS..."

He made my soul blue, he was now in control of my soul. He raised me up then dropped me to the ground very hard. Why did Sans wanted to hurt me? I started crying once he dropped me, I just stared at Sans.

"Papyrus..." He was looking down at his slippers. I can see some tiny droplets of blood coming from his face. "...burn in hell." He looked at me, his eyes were dripping blood like crazy! His smile was as well! He started attacking me with his bones and gasters, I tried to fight back but I was too weak to fight. I only had 1 HP left, I was very weak and tired. I had nothing to heal myself with, neither did Sans but his HP was maxed out.

He came close to me with a knife in his hand. "See you in hell brother..." I didn't have time to talk to him. He only took one swing of the knife...

I yelled so loud that it woke up Frisk. I didn't mean to wake them up, I also didn't deserve to get killed by Sans. I started crying, I wished that the real Sans came to comfort me but he's dead. Frisk came on my bed, they gave me a hug and I hugged them back very tightly.

"Are you okay Papyrus?" How am I supposed to tell Frisk about my dream?

"Y-YEAH...I-IT WAS J-JUST A BAD D-DREAM..." Frisk didn't ask any questions to me, we both just stayed in silence for a moment.

"I bet that moms pie will make you feel better. Lets go!" Frisk was tugging on my shirt and I decided to go. Toriel's cooking and my cooking makes me feel better when I'm upset.

Toriel's POV

I baked some pie for Frisk and Papyrus to eat. For some reason I heard Papyrus yelled so loud, I wanted to ask him what happened but I think it's too personal to him. Papyrus and I miss Sans' real body, I'm not used to him being a ghost. It's been like 5 days and Alphys haven't fixed the machine yet, I didn't bother her though I just stayed patient. I left the jar open so that Sans can come out, I think he doesn't want to be near Frisk. But why though?

"Good morning my child! Did you sleep well?" I saw Frisk holding Papyrus' hand, they wanted him to sit down.

"Yes mom!" They just wanted the pie already. I laughed a little bit and gave them a slice of pie. I also gave Papyrus a slice as well. I wish Sans were here to eat some of my pie. Once I gave them the pie, I went to Sans' room to see if he was there.

I saw his soul-shaped heart still in the jar. "Sans...can you please come out?" I think he's too scared to come out. "It's okay to be scared, all ghosts get scared. But don't worry, I'll be here with you." I guess that my talk convinced him to come out.

"T-Torie...I'm not scared...well maybe a little but...I just don't want to be near Frisk..." Why doesn't he want to be near Frisk, he's used to being near them...but now he doesn't?

"Why don't you want to be near Frisk?" I wanted to know why.

"I've got some feeling that Frisk was the one who killed me. I'm not positively sure if it's Frisk but they did look similar to Frisk..."

I already knew who he was talking about. "Sans, that's not Frisk. That was my other child in the undergrounds, but they're dead already. You don't have to worry about a thing now."

"I-I know...but Frisk reminds me of my death. That person was the same as Frisk...I don't want my soul to vanish for good, this is a good chance that I manage to live my life a second time...my life with you...Torie...I don't want to leave you again..." Sans started to cry. I don't want Sans to leave me for good, this was his second chance to live again. I didn't like to see Sans cry, I went close to him and gave him a hug.

"Everything will be alright Sans. Alphys is trying her best to get you and her machine fixed. Things did change when you're a ghost, but you're still managing to just live with it. Papyrus and I are not used to your ghost body, Sans...I miss your real body, and I just want it back already..." I started crying with Sans, I just wanted his real body back... "Don't be scared of Frisk, you can always stay by me if you're scared."

"Alright Torie." We just hugged each other for a very long time. It feels kind of weird hugging a ghost, but I didn't care though as long as if I have my only Sans here.

I just hope everything would be alright.