There's Nothing Left to Lose

L.A, 1999

We got a label at the last moment and our album is done right on time. I love the output and I feel like the time we spent in Virginia is worth it. I also trimmed my hair shorter and got a new tattoo on the back of my neck. A Foo Fighters tattoo. Simply FF image.

"What is that?" Taylor notice my tattoo and kinda giggles. "What? I just made our initial."
"I know, it's just... I can imagine our fans will recreate your tattoo on their neck. And it will be another version of Chili's asterisk."
"Oh, come on. Asterisk is cool, no wonder people recreate it. But this tattoo? No way. They're just stupid to recreate this." I'm sure this tattoo is ridiculous enough, plus it's on my neck. Who the hell will crazy enough to follow this?

"What are you guys talking about?" Aubrey is coming back from somewhere, and she's witnessing Taylor's giggles. "Nothing honey. Just talking about Dave's FF tattoo."
"Oh. I see that. Pretty cool."
"Thanks. I feel better." I'm joking, acting like Taylor just bullied me. "Thanks Dave, you make me looked like a bully." He giggles and then hug Aubrey's waist. "You got a plan tonight?"
"No. Why?"
"You know... it's long after the last time we..."
"Sssshh. I get it, just don't embarrass yourself in front of your bandmate." Well, seems like I know what they're talking about. Of course Taylor is talking about having sex. No wonder. I can see Taylor can't stop kissing her neck. Why the fuck I see this today?

"Okay. So...back home now?" She giggles on Taylor's action and decided they should go back and 'do the business'. "Yeah, let's go home." They go to his motorcycle and both put a helmet. "Bye Dave. Call me if you need something." He waves to me and then put Aubrey's hand inside his jacket's pocket before they drive away.

Virginia, 2008

Here I am. Late at night, in my mom's house. Recalling what we said on phone. "Son, you sure you and Taylor want to go there?"
"Sure. Why?"
"I don't know. You two haven't seen her for years. Plus what happened before she left. I'm not sure if it's a good thing to bother her again. She might already has her new life now."
"Mom, I'm aware of it too. But me and Taylor really want to clear things up. Both of us. We feel bad about it."

Deep inside, me and Taylor aren't sure either about meeting her again. She left with bad terms. I mean, we think so. "Hey mom. Since you like her so much, I promise to send your words to her soon after we meet again. You wanna say something?"
"Oh, yeah. Sure. Tell her I wish her happiness. Oh and to her kids too. I wanna see them if it's possible."
"Okay. I'll tell her."

L.A, 1999

"Hey where did you get this guy?" We can tell she's impressed by the way Chris play his guitar. "I like this guy." She does have a good ear. Remember about my first record and her beats? Damn I still wish I used those beats. But yeah, we trust her ear and decided it would be a good thing to know what she thinks about Chris. "Yeah we like him too. What do you think?"
"You guys would be retarded if you don't pick this guy." We both laugh on her commentary. Because we already pick Chris but we didn't tell her just yet. "Done!" Taylor squeeze her cheeks and leave a mark on it. "What do you mean by done?"
"I mean, we already pick him. We just wanna know your opinion."
"Geez. Me? Pfft. Why me?"
"Because according to Dave, you got a good ear." Nate gives her the compliment. "Really?" She looks at me, like she's really happy to hear that. And I know she's blushing. "Thanks Dave."

"When will you bring this Chris guy?"
"On the tour." I say. We got a slot as opening act for Red Hot Chili Peppers next year and sure we can't wait to play with Chris on stage. "Oh, on Red Hot Chili Peppers' tour?"
"Yup!"
"Great! Good luck to you guys. Don't forget to eat well okay?"
"No we won't do that." Taylor smirks, teased Aubrey just to pissed her off.

"What did you say? Look at you. You really need to eat well."
"Hey. Calm down. He's joking. He means, you will go with us. That's why he won't eat well, because you're the one who will forced him to." Nate laughs, he can't help but feel bad that Aubrey got a boyfriend like Taylor. He loves to pissed her off. "Oh my... Me? Go on tour?" She looked confused.

"Yeah, something wrong?" I ask her, we can't forced her to, if she doesn't feel she want to. "No. Nothing's wrong." The way she got plastered smile makes me wonder why she's not happy to go with us. "Are you sure? If you don't..."
"No. I'm good Dave. Don't worry. You heard Taylor. He won't eat well without me." She pointed out Taylor and smiles, half-hearted.

She noticed something as she looked at him. "Taylor? You need sleep?"
"What?"
"Your eyes. Cherry-red. I think you sleep all-day?" She go to him and touch his forehead. "Umm.. no fever. What happened?" I look at him, knowing what happened. He doesn't stop. He doesn't sleep-less. He's just high as a kite. When will he ever learn something? I took a sharp stare to him, let him know that I know what he did all day inside his room.

He's looking back at me, caught red-handed. Lucky him, she doesn't see my sharp stare. But I make sure he knows that I warned him once again. That if I catch him again, I will not think twice to tell his girlfriend. He signed a 'please' gesture to me and I give him one more chance.