Alone + Easy Target

Indio, 2002

Surprisingly, we went very well. I don't know about the other, but I enjoyed the show very much. It feels like exactly what it should be. No one. I said no one missed a beat. Finally something that we can be proud about, as our last show. It as awesome.

When I walk to change my shirt, someone hold my shoulder and stop me to walk further. "Hey, umm.... I talked with Chris and Taylor. We...we have to say we really enjoy this show. And maybe kinda... Craving for the next. I know the final decision will be yours, so.... We need to ask you. Do you like continue? If you don't, we'll cool. But if you do, we hope to see you next time."
"I....I enjoyed this too. I think.... I'm gonna see you guys. Next time. Thanks Nate, for sticking with us."
"Yeah, you're welcome." We hug and then he walked passed me, followed by Chris and Taylor. "Hey Dave. Can we talk?" I nod and he sign Nat and Chris to go without him.

"What?"
"I....I think I want to say sorry. For the start. For being a pain in the ass for all of you."
"Yeah. Me too. I'm sorry to make you feel that way and ruined your relationship. And about that... I hope you can get her back. You guys deserve it."
"Thanks... Maybe I should say sorry to her too. I put her in such position. And....you said something about condition. What kind of condition did she has?" I raised my eyebrows, not sure if I should talking about it. I mentioned it before out of my rage. I shouldn't had. "Umm.. it's.... let's say she got problem with her heart. She shouldn't had baby in the first place, but she won't listen to me or even the doctor." I sighs, "She loved the baby already. I don't know what to say. But if you won't come back, she will going through these alone. Because she doesn't want me to raise your kid. That's your kid."
"Okay. I understand. But, you think she will...you know... welcome me back? I kicked her out before."
"Well, I don't know. But it's worthy to try." I says to him and then give me my hand. He looked confused. I smiles. "Come on, shake my hand." He does and then go gives me a hug. "Thanks, Dave." We parted and he goes to his dressing room when I walk out to back to my hotel room. I don't want to make Jordyn wait any longer.

Mt. Si, 2008

We go to her living room while she goes make some coffee for us. I miss the smell of the coffee. I don't know how she made it, it's just smelled really good. "Here's yours." She put both cups on the table and take one for herself. "You shouldn't drink that." I say, remembering her condition. "Well, thanks for the concern. But one cup doesn't kill." She smiles and take a sip. Only god knows how I wish we're still living our 20's so I can ask her to marry me that night instead of leaving and never came back. "What brings you two, here?"

We drink our coffee and lay our back on the couch. "We actually have no idea. Me and Dave shared napkin conversation and here we are." It makes her giggles. "Heard you guys did well with band. I heard your new stuff."
"Really? What do you think?" I ask, anxious about what she's going to say about that. "I love that. Umm, some tracks didn't get me at first but they're fine. Some tracks are good."
"Which one your favorite?"
"I can't pick one. There are 3. Let It Die, Come Alive, and.... Stranger Things Have Happened." I chocked a little bit but then Taylor giggles. "God. That last one. Dave wrote it about you." I put my palm on my face and giggles. This is embarrassing. So I do a little revenge. "Oh, don't forget about Cold Day In The Sun. Taylor wrote it based on you too." She laughs and it's Taylor's turn to put his palms.

We caught in silence for minutes before I start to open my mouth again. "How's your.... treatment?" She sighs, but smiles. And talk in joking tone. "Well. Guess now I know who buy my cabin. I guess I don't have to worry much. You guys bought it together, what do you guys want to do with this? I thought you can turn this into Basecamp or...."
"No, we won't do anything." Taylor cut her and looks at her. "We... decided to give it back to you. Since we know how much this cabin meant to you."
"But you guys paid for this. You shouldn't..."
"He's right." I noted my agreement to Taylor. "You shouldn't sell this place. If you need help, we will happily...."

"Dave. Taylor. You guys have family. I'm not part of any of it. You guys did a lot and I don't wanna be a burden. Not anymore. All I care about right now, are those kids I take care of. I don't know what's gonna happen if I'm no longer able to take care of them. I don't want them to back to street." She almost drop a tear. "I put the money on protection, for their future. I'm not taking treatment."
"Aubrey..." Turns out the money that she got from us will be used for orphans. She really doesn't care about her treatment. "I'm sorry. I know Clairine told you I sell this place for treatment, and please don't blame her. She has no idea I put the money for kids. I don't want her to find out."

We stay until night and feels like we don't wanna leave. We can't get enough to talk to her just like that's the only thing we want to do right now. We see the clock and see it's 10 p.m already, we can't be away too long and make our wives worry about us. "I think it's time for us to leave." Taylor stands up, half-hearted decide to go. "Yeah. I guess so. We...need to back home." I add. She nods and smiles, "I understand. And...thanks. For everything."
"Anytime Aubrey." We hug her once in a time and then wave goodbye. "Dave. Wait." I turns back and tell Taylor to wait outside.

"Yes Aubrey?"
"I saw the box on your hand. Wanna bring it back with you?"
"Oh, yes. Right. Sorry. I almost forget that. This is for you. The book, first album.. and a letter. Well technically it's a lyrics now. Since it turned to a song now." She chuckles, she get what I mean. "Thanks for your songs too."
"Your wel....wait. Songs? Cold Day In The Sun is Taylor's so..."
"No. I talked about other song. Generator, right?" I can't believe she actually knows this whole time. "You know?"
"Well, kinda funny because the moment I heard that first time, I wish it wasn't about me. It would be awkward for you and Taylor. But soon when you were defensive about it, I knew it was me. Luckily, he had no idea." She smiles widely, this time come with a deep breath.

She get close to me, her face is an inch from me and I close my eyes. Thinking that it must be a dream. She's getting closer and then she kisses my cheeks. Not something that I expected, but still sweet of her. I giggles, nervously. "Sorry, I thought you were...."
"No. That lips are for Jordyn. Not me. Take care Dave."