Around The Word - 2

Austin, 2000

Taylor is a Texas guy. According to Chad, he's like Chuck Norris of drummer community. But no, for me, Taylor is a hybrid of Beavis and Brad Pitt. He's Beavis Pitt.

Oh, talking about Texas, we all love to see Taylor going nuts on his land. He's so happy to play here and so do we. What's so crazy about him is, we have no idea that he keep 3 cowboy hats for all of us. He wants us to wear it. And I'm sure Nate will just laugh at his idea but agree to put the hat in the end because he likes to feed up Taylor's jokes. "Hey, I want the black one!" I quickly grab the hat before Nate. I know he wants black too. "Damn it dave!" He got the white one instead. Nate kinda pissed and go after Taylor. "Oh. And tell us again about why we should wear this?"
"Come on! You lost a bet last night. Look at Dave, he's volunteers himself."
"Dave is as ridiculous as you. Don't use him as a backup. Why the hell Aubrey doesn't get one? You're not fair." Aubrey just sit there, giggles. "I have a special terms. He can't forced me to put a hat. Not if he still want to jump on a bed with me."
"Whoaaaaa." Both me and Nate going nuts, we laugh. "Hey maybe next time Taylor ask us to do ridiculous thing, we can pay her to stop him. How about that?" Nate smirks to me and then to Taylor. "Oh please don't listen to them honey." Taylor go to her and grab her hand like he tries to make her on his side against us. Kinda funny, I got jealous. How the hell I don't find a girl yet? I need to find one if I want to forget her.

"Oh, excuse me. I need to go to bathroom." When we all laugh and shit, she looked like remember something. Her face changed. Aubrey get her bag and go. "What's wrong with her? She likes to change mood a little bit too often." Nate ask Taylor and he just have no idea. "I don't know. Maybe it's just Aubrey being Aubrey." As a person who put his eyes on her, I almost concern about her mood swing. Maybe it's not mood after all. Just....too fishy. But since Taylor is always has this simple-mind I totally understand why he doesn't really concern about it. Remember the night she had nosebleed? It doesn't bother me for a long time, but soon as I see her today, I can't get it out of my head. Her expression is exactly as cold as that night. I thought it was her flat expression, but today I realized it's more like stoned expression.

While Taylor and Nate still busy about their hats I carefully walk after her, hoping I don't find something bad out of it. As I thought before, she doesn't go to a bathroom. She take a turn before she can reach bathroom and I hide myself behind the wall. Right on the turn. I hear she bumped into someone and when I take a look, it's John. From what I see, John in such position where I can see his face and as long as I concerned, it looked like he's shocked or something. He might saw something. Then I see Aubrey tries to collect her stuff that shattered around the floor. I can't hear all of their conversation but I read John's mouth and I'm pretty sure he said "Do they know this?" Well I don't know what is it and I'm tempted to ask John about it. And after some minutes, I see John helping her to stand up and the look at his face is pure worry. But she seems like really need to go somewhere and so John accompany her. I watch them as they walk away and nowhere to be seen.

Should I tell Taylor what I just saw? Or do I need to ask John first? I mean, we're not that close. John is more like having his own world and sometimes I just don't feel like we can get along easily. But he does talk a lot around his band mates and lately with Aubrey. They didn't have an affair, did they?

No, what the fuck am I thinking? Impossible. Maybe they just get along because of their timid character. Also, I heard that John already had girlfriend out there. And Aubrey pretty much dating Taylor.

Back to Taylor and Nate, when I see them again, they still joking around about hats. They have no idea about what I just saw. Especially Taylor. Doesn't look like bothered at all. But can't blame him. Because seems like no one know a thing either. Me included. The one who probably had a clue is John. But I don't know how to ask him about it.

L.A, 2008

I still had this question about what John probably found out that night. It can be just nothing or... something that really important. But who knows? John won't tell us. He's the man of words. Absolutely hold his promises seriously. But if I have to assume, that was might be John just found out about her condition and it made him the first person to actually know that.

Austin, 2000

"Hey John!" I run after him right before he go on stage. "Yes Dave?"
"Umm I'm sorry it might seems like inappropriate but... I saw you with Aubrey at corridor and I was sure you talked with her. And your face drawn a clear concern. What's that about?"
"Ah, wait. About it. I swear to her not to tell anyone. Including you, Taylor, and Nate. I'm sorry I can't tell anything." He sincerely looked like he feels bad. He might be wanna tell me but he can't. "She wants it that way, I hope you can understand her choice."
"Okay. I get that. Thanks John. I'm sorry to take your time."
"Yeah. No problem."

I got nothing. John doesn't wanna tell us. If it's really just nothing, she wouldn't told John to keep it as a secret. Must be something important. I just need to find what's that about. I might find a clue inside her bag, because John looked shocked after he saw something from her bag. But I will invade her privacy if I take a look at it without her permission. And I won't do that. For real.