I'm In The Sky Tonight

L.A, 2002

"Why they took so long..." Taylor is walking left and right, tapping his feet on the ground and sighing too much. "She's gonna be fine. Everything is gonna be fine, you two will be home and you'll fucking proposed her. You hear me?" I give him a brotherly hug and a pat on his back. "Thanks Dave... And you should go home. You're tired from the show. Nate and Chris are already home by now. I'll get this."
"No, I can't let you going through this alone."
"Really Dave, you don't have to...."

"Excuse me, Ms, Fraughn's family?" A doctor comes out and asking for us. "Yeah, both of us."
"Follow me." He leads us into an office, obviously his office. "Everything is good?" Taylor ask immediately. "It's a yes and no. She's alive but we need you to approve some actions. Apparently you need to choose to save Ms. Fraughn or her baby."
"What?"
"I think she fell and hit her stomach in the process. It makes a serious damage. You need to make a quick decision."
"I.....I.." I know how much Taylor confused right now. Aubrey loves her baby more than herself and yet now he needs to choose one of them. "Please save her." The doctor than nods and then stand up. "Please sign this." It's a paper, probably a permission for the action. Taylor goes to sign it and then then after it's all done, the doctor leave us to make an emergency surgery.

"How about the baby?"
"I don't know Dave... I mean, I know she said to keep the baby no matter what, but I'm not ready to lose her. I swear it's hard to decide this thing. This is fucked up." His face is on his palms, I know he's crying there, he just won't me to see that. I kneel down and give him my sincere hug. "I know..I know. I'm sorry Taylor. I'm so sorry that this happened."

L.A, 2008

We all goes backstage right after the show to greet our special guess. She's standing there with her pajama and a wide smile. "It's been awhile. How are you?" Nate goes straight to hug her and tell her how much we all missed her. "I'm all good." Despite of her happy face and all, both me and Taylor can tell tht she's not that 'all' good. She still won't take any treatment.

"You wear the same pajama." I point at her, with that baby blue pajama. The same she wore 6 years ago, Taylor also takes a hint at my words. He raises his eyebrows. "Didn't expect you to showed up with that pajama though."
"Yeah, me too. I just thought about having the same fun like the last. If it's not because of....." She stop for awhile and then tries to smile wide. "Forget it. I should having fun tonight. Right?" I nodded. "Yes. Exactly."

We all go to have late dinner and order a lot....lot of food. "So you guys have kids now?" She put a piece of fries to her mouth and then looking at us. "Eh? Us? Yeah we have. Why?"
"Just asking. I wonder what it feels. Can I meet them?" Taylor smiles to her, like he knows how much she missed the feelings of being a mom. "Yes, you can. If someday we got children's gathering, we will ask you to come." I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Hawkins got good idea."
"Really? That's gonna be sweet. But...."
"What's wrong?"
"I don't know if that will be appropriate. I mean your..."
"Appropriate? You mean our wives? That's not a problem. They know our story and I'm sure they will be happy to let you play with kids."
"Thanks...a lot. I will be looking for that chance."

L.A, 2002

"She woke up. But probably still disoriented. Please avoid talking about emotional stuff with her." A doctor tell us that she's finally waking up after 13 hours unconscious. "Should we come in one by one or..."
"You can see her at once. Not a problem."
"Oh, okay. Come on Dave."

We slide the door open, seeing her laying there with a tube on her face and some devices that I can't recognize. Taylor takes the first step into the room. "Aubrey?" We walk slowly so we will not shocked her in any way. "Umm...Tay? I...how did...."
"You don't remember anything?"
"No...I.. I do. I got a bad mood and I was looking for water, suddenly I got really dizzy and hard to breath. And then I tripped over something...." She tries to catch her breath. "Okay, okay. Now you need to rest. Okay? You'll be fine..."
"They saved my baby right?" When he ask that, both me and Taylor are frozen. Losing our ability to speak. "I mean, I have no bump, they must be taking the baby out. Where is he?"
"Aubrey, you need to take a rest and..."
"Where is he, Tay?" She's deadly serious. "Taylor? Dave? Can someone say something?" I can't...I can't say that, but we know soon or later we need to tell her. "What's going on?"
"The option is you or the baby." I explain, which followed by Taylor's. "I choose you Aubrey. I can't....."
"What....what did you just say? You really...." She hold her breath and tears running from her eyes. It breaks our heart. "But you promised me Tay...why....I..."
"I didn't expect this to actually happened Aubrey. I can't think clearly and they need a quick decision. I didn't mean to...."
"But you promised...you promised me. I thought I can trust you..."
"Aubrey...." Taylor is trying to reach her but she pull her hands, avoiding Taylor's. "Please don't do this. I love you Aubrey. At that moment I really didn't want to giving up on you." He keeps trying but she just covers her face with her hands.
"Taylor.." I pull him aside and assure him to give her some times. "Let her rest her mind. We can talk again later. Okay? Remember what doctor said?" He nods and then agree to leave the room with me.

L.A, 2008

We walk her outside, helping her to get a cab to the hotel where she stayed in. "You sure don't want us to accompany you?" Chris offer her a help because it's already late and we want to make sure she's back safely. "That will be nice but don't worry. You guys need to back too and get some rest."
"No, I will accompany you." I insist. And the rest are agree. "Yeah, Dave got a van. Please accept the help." Taylor beg her to agree. "Okay. I go with Dave." She sighs and then I reach my key. "Come on, I parked my van right there." She follows me while others are walk back to the venue. She sit on passenger seat and I go to the drivers seat. After make sure we buckle up the seatbelt, I start the engine and drive away.

"So, who take care those kids while you're here?"
"The orphans? Well I found someone about days ago. I can trust her. She's a good mother for them. It's better for them to getting close with her."
"Glad to hear that. Oh, and by the way, I was serious about inviting you to our kids gathering. You'll come, right?"
"Sure. Just please give a call when you do." I look at her, lights on her face. She's clearly has all the happiness in her despite of what she had been through. I can feel it. It makes me wonder how she goes from that terrible state into this. Peaceful eyes.