All My Life

L.A, 2002

After this rollercoaster of recording process, we made it. The album is out this week. We're so glad that finally we can finish what we were signed up for. I have to admit this is the heaviest recording we ever experienced, and so is the sound. A million dollar demo was thrown out somewhere and we took the risky path with just a short period of time. One By One reflected everything that we saw in the process. We were beating each other, hating each other, but in the end music brought us all together again.

Taylor is also the happiest man in the world right now. He watched Aubrey and her baby bump like every night and they just found out the baby is a boy. "What's the name will be?" He had notebook on his hand and a pen at the corner of his mouth. He's excited and anxious. That's just so sweet to be seen. So I approach him and try to wake him up. "Can't wait to find a name?"
"Oh, hey Dave. Yeah, I can't sleep last night and I really need to find a name like right now."
"Well, how about wait for her to be here before you decide which name suits your kid? Maybe she'll find a better name than yours." Taylor goes giggling to hear that, "If you ask her, she'll go for Taylor Jr. Ridiculous. Last night she shoved that name in front of me."
"Hell no. I agree. I can't imagine myself seeing a blonde boy that looks, talk, and banging stuff like you...with a name just like you. What a horror."
"Hahahaha. Oh my.. fuck you Dave."
"But seriously. Where's she? You said she'll be here before we go playing. I need to warn her about the name."

Just like when I talk about it, she shows up in front of us, open our door without knocking. "Hi guys!"
"Oh hey honey.. careful. Don't hit the table with your bump." Taylor stand up immediately and help her to enter the room. "So, I heard you guys mocking Taylor Jr. That's so mean." She sit down, catch her breath with a wide smile. I guess Taylor isn't the only one who is happy about these baby business. "Oh honey please. No Taylor Jr. Okay?"
"Why? Isn't it cute? Right Dave?" I can't help but hold my laugh, "Oh, yes absolutely. A cute name. I crossed my chest for that."
"You're a dick Grohl." Taylor rolls his eyes and then get up. "Can you two wait here? I need to get something to eat before we play. Want some for you too?"
"No, I'm good." I quickly reply and so does she. "Me neither. I already full. Look at my stomach, like a balloon." Good joke, a nice one. Taylor just giggles while closing the door. "Nevermind."

There we are, sitting across each other and just staring to the ceiling. And then I decided to cut the silence. "Can I ask something?"
"Sure."
"Why did you wear a pajama?"
"Haha. Really? That's the question."
"No, just kidding." I giggles. "It's just ridiculous. The real question is, you're okay?"
"Absolutely. Why?"
"Nothing, just Taylor kinda worried about you and your pain, a couple months ago." I recall the day we recorded things in my place. "Oh, that? That's fine. I'm just over reacting."
"You did? Thanks god."
"Yeah." She smiles and then turn back the question to me. "What about you and Jordyn? The proposal went well?" All of sudden she comes to that subject. Great. "Well, I don't know. She said she wasn't ready yet. Maybe she'll never accept it."
"Did she say no?"
"Not exactly...." She cut me, "So maybe it's just a matter of time."
"I hope so....but what if she..."
"She'll say yes. Trust me. You'll mary her soon or later. But she will."
"Like you're a psychic huh?"
"I'm not. But seriously, she's a perfect wife for you. So you need to stop going from one girl to another. You need to believe in her....."

She's stop for awhile when we both heard like loud sound outside. "I can't believe....." That's all we can hear. She stands up, "Is there any fight out there?" She's about to walk but I stop her, considering how big her bump is and I don't want anything happen. "Wait here, I'll see what is going on."

I open the door and look around, right and left. Then I see like three teenagers out there, talking with fire on their eyes. I walk to them slowly and they seemed like didn't notice my presence. "I know right???? That ugly bitch. I mean, come on! You guys heard when I asked him if he has girlfriend and he showed us a picture of pregnant woman from his wallet. Like...ugh."
"Can we just spread the news to media? As long as I know, media sometimes played a big role on celebrities' breakup. You know..." I didn't expect our fans can be this toxic. How evil a person is to came up with that idea? So I step up and walk closer. "Hey kids. What are you doing here?"
"Oh hi Dave? Oh my god!!! You're here." One girl start shouting to another and it hurts my ears. "Geez!! We love you so much."
"Oh, really? If you say so, can I ask you all a favor?"
"Yeah, sure!" I look to them sharp. "Leave Taylor and his girlfriend alone. You hear me? If any of you talk to any media about anything... I told you I'm gonna fucking sue you all with my own name. You understand?" I think I nailed it. I scared them. "Understand or not?" They're stoned and then I know they are staring to the back of me. I turn around and Aubrey is right behind me. "Dave, let them go." She sighs and drag me into the dressing room again.

I close the door and help her sit down on her chair. "Hey don't mind those kids okay? They're just a bunch of.."
"No, Dave. Maybe they're right. Maybe I will embarrassed him if people find out about me. Who am I? A girl from cabin in the woods?"
"Hey, none of them can compared to you."
"The fact is...you know...you already proposed Jordyn, meanwhile Taylor don't. Just yet. It's about 9 months pregnancy next month and he never mentioned about getting married. Even just once. And please don't tell him any of this. I warn you."
"But Aubrey.."
"Please? I don't want him to think that I don't trust him."
"Do you?"
"Dave... Don't get me wrong. I'm just..." Before she can finish her sentence, Taylor comes back from eating. "Hey, everything is good?" She quickly forced a smile. "Yeah! We're fine. And I think you two need to go on stage. It's 10 minutes left." She pushes me and Taylor out and then kisses Taylor's cheeks.

"That's odd. What's going on?" He turns to me. "Umm... Can we talk about it when she's no longer can hear us? Like after we walk passed that door?" I point at the door at the end of corridor. "Umm, okay. But you'll tell me right?"
"Absolutely, just... You don't hear this from me, okay? She warned me about telling you this."