Up For Another

L.A, 2003

It makes me anxious, this is my wedding day and I don't know what to say or how to behave. It isn't just about me anymore, it's about Jordyn and everything. "Where's Dave? Where's he?" I hear someone is calling out my name. It almost gave me a hear attack. "What the hell Nate? God.." We both share a hug and he smiles to me. "Sorry, I'm just too excited about your wedding."
"I know.. man I'm really nervous."
"You're not the only one. I heard your bride feel the same." He laughs and then hands me a box. "What's this?"
"A gift. For your wedding." Looks like he can't wait for me to open it. "Alright alright...." I tear the paper and then open the box. There's. CD inside, with words written on it.

Just in case you can't find a right romantic music, I made these for you.

"This is...are you fucking kidding me?" I can't stop smiling to know he made music exclusively for me. "Thanks dude! You're the best motherfucker."
"Well, I wish you stop cursing in front of your bride." He smirks to me and then about to leave. But he seems remember something. "Oh, and Taylor is here too." Well glad to hear that. "With Aubrey." That's what I call surprise. "Really? They came here together?"
"Absolutely. They seems happy. You need to see them." I'm so curious, did they really get along again?

I rush outside and find them two near a table. So I run to them just to caused myself run out of air. "Hey! You two are really here." I say to them, almost shouting. "Yeah, as you see. We're here. Thanks to you, I guess." Taylor finally has his signature smile back. "Oh. And thank you for coming Aubrey."
"Anytime Dave." I feel like our eyes met for a split second before she snapped me out of it. "Umm, I guess I see Jordyn right there. I need to give her my gift. I'll be back." She goes and then I take her seat.

"So basically you two together again?" I ask Taylor. "I...I don't know. I mean she is weird. Really weird. I mean, yesterday I feel exhausted and ended up fighting with her. A bad one. I thought we were over that night. And then this morning, she woke up, with a happy face, gave me a kiss in the morning, and basically said that she'll try to back to normal."
"So it's a good thing, right?"
"I..I guess. Haha. I don't know what to say. I still can't believe we're actually fine."
"Glad to hear then!" We share a hug before we take apart and he smiles to me. "By the way, how do you feel? It's your wedding buddy!"
"I know. I know. I'm kinda nervous, I don't wanna screw up in any way."
"No you won't. You'll do great out there. You'll make a great husband."
"I hope so. Also, I wish you two will follow soon. I can't wait."
"Well, me too Dave. Trust me."

Seattle, 2009

Feels good to back here again, because this gig take a place in not-so-big venue and I'm so excited. "Yeah, good night Jordyn. Love you." My wife just called before she take our kid to bed. This little girl needs to hear her dad's voice.

Back to us, we're all tired and I'm no difference. But one thing keeps me from resting my head. "What's wrong Dave? You looked...odd." Chris comes in in the middle of me lighting a cigar. "No, just.. a dream. A bizarre one."
"Like what?"
"Please don't tell anyone. Especially Taylor."
"Okay. I'm listening." Chris takes a seat and so I throw my cigar away. "I was..having a series of dreams. About Aubrey. It all started from the night she attended our show. But it's usually just her standing in front of me or another things that have no context. But the last one.." I can't get rid of that picture out of my mind. "What? What's the last one?"
"It was her, hanging out with Kurt, and they were all talking but I couldn't hear a thing. They couldn't hear me either."

He raises his eyebrows, like he knows what I'm thinking about the dream. "No, don't even think about it Dave. It's a dream. Just a dream."
"I know Chris. I fucking know. But....why all of sudden there was Kurt? Like did he tell me she will be in his place or what?"
"Dave!" He looks at me, now very serious. "She'll be fine."

Ireland, 2003

Okay, so this is weird. I mean, I used to be abroad very often and I feel okay. But now I have Jordyn, it feels weird to be abroad and miles away from her. It's weird to be alone, afer all of this. And it's weird because I start to missing her. I need to see her face.

"How you guys doing?" I hear someone talk to Taylor and the boys while I'm trying to close my eyes for awhile. Then look around and see Chad is here. We will be opening for them tomorrow when they take the main show right here, at Slane Castle. "We're good, Chadwick." They all high fived each other so I walk to join them. "Oh hey! The new husband. How's everything?"
"Haha, good. Like now I know how much someone can missing their wives or husbands. I can't stand abroad, alone."
"Yeah sure. I know what you mean." He winks to me, caused me to giggles and rolls my eyes. "How about you Tay?" He now turns to Taylor again and he smiles. "We're getting better. We've been through a lot, but now me and her are in a good phase for sure."
"That's...nice to hear. Can't wait for you to complain about missing your wife like that Grohl boy right there." Chad squeeze my shoulder, that giant man really try to make me feel small. Taylor in the other hand, just smiles a little bit. "Hahaha. Yeah, I'll try. Not now, I feel like...you now, if we're really ready. We will go ahead."