Halo

Chelmsford, 2001

These 2 days are literally crazy. She won't leaving the hospital and she looked awful. And we don't see any good sign from Taylor. I prayed these 2 days and I just prayed again this morning. I go to church nearby each time I go outside to get foods for us. I didn't even know why I did that, I'm not that kind of person who go to church and pray. But I'll do whatever it takes to bring Taylor back. And we ran out of chances. I'm not sure if it's gonna work or not. Meanwhile, Nate and Chris are pretty much taking care of my place.

"Hey. I got you these clothes. Go change yours and then we eat." I handed her a shopping bag and put some rice boxes on the table. I say to her when she's keep staring at Taylor. With tubes around his face. "Thanks Dave."
"Anytime. Just go. I will stay for him." She then leave the room and I take her place, sitting beside the bed. "Dude, please wake up. She needs you. I......I can't stand seeing her crying every night. It breaks my heart.... I'm....in love with her and if you're the only person who meant something for her, I really hope you will open your eyes for her." I confess everything right before Aubrey comes back from changing. "That's so sweet you try to talking to him." She says, smiling. Having no idea what was on my mind minutes ago. "Umm...yeah. I guess... that's nothing." She take a seat beside me, holding my hand. "Thanks Dave. For being here. For him and me. It's a shame you didn't come back..."
"What?"
"No. Nothing. You're a good person. Hope you'll find someone soon." I swear I heard she said things. About me didn't come back. Is she... What the hell Dave? That's impossible. There's no way she was waiting for me 6 years ago. Because if she was, I'm truly damned for not really coming back. "Thanks. For the good words."
"You know. When I first met Taylor, I didn't know I will actually love him. I... I'm in a phase where I didn't want to go for another feelings. I thought after I rejected him, he will leave for good. But he keeps coming back. Assured me that he wouldn't go anywhere. And he won." She drops another tears while trying to hold on a smile. "It was so beautiful that he weren't giving up. I was in love with someone else that time."
"You was?" I become aware, wondering if it was me she was talking about. But I can't push for another information. "Yes. I was. He was the first who makes me actually open my heart after my father died. I think I have to thanks him for it. If it wasn't him who opened my heart, maybe I will never open my heart to Taylor. I will never did."

Ironically, she's also the first person who encouraged me to continue playing music. If she never ask me to play my song that night, maybe I stop doing that after Kurt died. Thanks to her for triggered it. As I'm busy with my own mind, on the corner of my eyes, I see a movement from Taylor's finger. "Aubrey? Aubrey! Get the doctor!"
"What? What happened?"
"Just go!" She run out from the room and I go stand up calling out his name. "Taylor! Hey, you hear me?" When he finally opens his eyes, he take a deep breath and then with a weak voice say something to me. "Oh, fuck off."

Right at that moment doctor and nurses come in and tell me to wait outside. I leave the room and see Aubrey stading there. "What happened? What did you see earlier?"
"Umm. I saw a move and I think he's waking up." As I said that, light came up her face and hug me. "Oh god! I'm so happy! He really is?"
"Yeah. He even said 'fuck off' to me."
"I'm so sorry he said that. Maybe he was just surprised to see you."
"Yeah. I hope so. We fought the day he collapsed, that's why I kinda think he's still pissed."

Mt. Si, 2008

She served coffee for both of us. We wait as she's walking around the cabin and we feel weird. We're anxious to hear about Aubrey from her but we can't push her either.

"So, where is she?" Taylor is the one who make a step. Clairine then take a seat and sigh. "Yes. I guess you two can't wait to know. She's in Australia."
"Abroad? Did she moved with her husband?" I can see she sighs again. "Husband? She's never getting married. She's there because she wanted to take care kids. Orphans. I guess her accident affected her a lot." I remember the accident. I can't stop thinking about it when Clairine mentioned that. And I forced myself to ask a question. "Will she ever coming back?"
"I honestly have no idea. I hope she will. Because...." She paused.
"Because?"
"Do you know why she told me to sell this place?" That also bothered me. As long as I know, she will never sell this place. Even when she lived with Taylor, she keep this one. Because it's full of her memories.

"Why?"
"She's sick. I guess you already knew."
"About that...we knew. But why now?"
"She's getting worse. Last month she was blackout twice a week. It scared me. If the kids didn't call me, I'll never know." I look to Taylor and we know we both agreed. "Don't sell this place. We will pay for her treatment." I say to her which Taylor nods. "Yeah, we know how much this place meant for her. Better to let it be this way."

"But you two had families. I think she will disagree with this idea."
"I know she will. That's why you shouldn't tell her. Can you?" She takes a moment, thinking about what we said. And then she shook her head, "As much as I respect her decision, but I have to agree with you two."
"Ummm, and one thing. Can you do something for us?"
"What's that?"
"Tell her someone bought this place and she should go back here for the last time. We need to see her. Make a closure."