Pals and Else

L.A, 2002

"So what's that?" We stop walking and take a seat. "There were these..young girls. Apparently our fans, but they were..."
"Oh please don't tell me there were three of them. Because I knew them."
"You did?"
"Yeah, because I bumped into them earlier and I tell you, they were annoying. Like they really want to know who I dated and else. So I just showed them Aubrey's picture and leave." I sighs, that's exactly what I heard from those girls. "Well. The problem is, they talked shit about Aubrey at that corridor. They said she's an ugly bitch and they're about spread the news to media just to screw your relationship with her. And Aubrey took it personally. She became insecure and she feels like she will embarrassed you in front of public eyes."
"What? Hell no. Why she was thinking about it?" I hold my breath and turn down my voice. "Because you don't proposed her yet?"
"Really? She said that? Jesus." He giggles and put his palm on his face. "What? What's so funny?"
"Because I didn't out for eat. I went out to bought this." He pulls out a small box from his pocket and show me a ring. "God... you're gonna..."
"Exactly. I want to do this long time ago but I think now is a good timing. Our record is out, I'm clean, it's a perfect time." I let out a big sigh and smile. "Geez. Why took so long? I bet she'll crying a happy tear tonight."
"Yea, I'll be looking for that. Trust me."
"I think I should congratulate you in advance, shouldn't I?"
"Keep that after the show Dave." He winks and then we both enter the stage.

L.A, 2008

It's a blast. We didn't expect to see her smiling to us non stop. Not only me and Taylor, even Nate and Chris are having a good time because of her presence.
"She brought positive energy, didn't she?" Chris comes to me on a break time when I just finished my drink. "Yeah. Absolutely. We all feel that way."
"I'm glad everything is good now. I remember that one show. It was horrible."
"I know..I know. It was the worst."
"Yeah, oh and by the way... I know this is long time ago, but I really hope we finished that gig earlier, if we did...even 5 minutes can make a difference."
"Agree. That might be my fault."
"Our fault."

L.A, 2002

"Is it just me, or she's kinda off today?" Nate looks to side stage and then turn to us. "Yeah, kinda. Everything is fine?" Chris throw a question to Taylor. "Don't worry, Taylor will make important announcement later at the end of the show." I giggles, bat my eyes to him. "What? Here? You sure it's a good idea Dave?" Taylor is kinda scared about my idea.

"Can we know what you two talked about?" Nate raises his eyebrows while looking back and forth between me and Taylor. "Tell 'em Hawkins." Taylor then asked them to move closer and whisper to them. And right after that, both Nate and Chris smirks. "Oh shit... You got a move. Good god. Finally!" Nate says, sarcastically. "Finally? What's that supposed to mean?"
"That means we were already waiting for this to happen and start losing our patience." Chris explain and I laugh. "Stop that, we got a show to do."

It comes to Chris to do his part. Singing Danny Says. This is a cover version of Ramones' and he did great. We let him sing today. We watch him play and I'm glad we let him too.

We took a couple of songs from one to another before we did another cover. My cover. Now it's time for Taylor to make the announcement. But before we're able to do that, we see Aubrey leaves her seat. "Where does she go?" Taylor says to me and I go run to catch her.

"Hey, umm. Where are you going?"
"I'm just gonna get water. Why?" I'm thinking to stop her but I don't know what to do, so I let her go. "Be sure you'll back here okay?"

I run to see the others and ask them to continue playing. "We should've make that announcement 15 minutes ago." Taylor start to whining. "Oh come on, she'll be back. Let's just play more and when she's back you can do that." I put my guitar back and play more songs after.

But even after we played 6 more songs, she's not coming back. The show is over. "Maybe she got a bad mood from hearing the bash." I go to Taylor and try to make him more relax. "Exactly. Should I do this today? Like she's in a bad mood right now and she's not here either." All of us are kinda off because we cancel Taylor's proposal. "Come on, we need to go back and take a rest. We can talk about it later at....."
"Hey umm..." We're in the middle of the stage and someone just came to us, a stranger. "Yes? Do I know you?"
"I... I'm Garry." We all look at him, waiting for something. "Umm...a janitor. I found someone inside your dressing room."
"What do you mean someone?" I'm so confused right now. Did he just say someone broke into our room? "I mean.. your door was kinda..open and I peak inside. I think I might just found a dead body."
"What? No way." Nate laughs uncontrollably. "Are you high?" I look at him, sharply. "No I'm not! I'm sure I saw a body. I think it's a woman."
"Woman? Oh shit, is that...." Nate goes from laughing to scared. "No, don't say that." I stop him and then drag them all to our room.

We run into half-opened door and push it wide open. It's Aubrey. "Oh my god! Taylor is the one who runs inside and then becomes extremely panic. "Call ambulance!" I tell Chris and he's nodding, pulling out his phone and make a call. "Is that blood?" Nate points his finger to the floor. I kneel down and flip her side, along with Taylor. "No. No wound. Where did that come from...." And then I saw it, it comes from between her legs. "Oh shit! Fuck! That's her blood."
"Where's the ambulance? Chris???" Taylor is screaming out, can't wait to bring her to hospital. "They're too far! They can reach us in 10 minutes" Chris shout back. "10 more minutes and she'll fucking die!" It makes me frustrated. I look to Taylor like asking what should we do. "Screw that! Dave, you brought your car right?"
"Yeah, yeah! I did. Let's bring her with that."