The One

L.A, 2002

We finally finished the recording, or maybe I can call it discarded. We're lack of enthusiasm and shit. It was an exhausting process, especially with personal issues among us. It's just Chris that I found 'okay' to talk with. Meanwhile, I'm taking care of Aubrey. I told her not to care what Taylor's thinking about her, and she's quite anxious about it. But in the end, she stayed with me for the rest of this process. We will be back to my house in Virginia and will decide what to do after this. Maybe I should break my relationship with Jordyn too. I can't just getting along with 2 girls forever. I have to choose.

"Aubrey, you're there?" She can't stop throwing up since early in the morning. She was also looked pale when we were having dinner last night. "Yeah. Just kinda dizzy. I'm sorry, I'll be out soon."
"No, that's fine. Take your time." I can hear the sound of her throwing up and it's making me worry. "Hey. You're really okay? Want me to take you to doctor?"
"Umm, no. I'm good."
"No. I'll take you to doctor soon as we back to Virginia." I pack my stuff and hers while I'm waiting for her to comes out.

Soon as I see her out, I put both of bags on my shoulder. "Ready to go?"
"I.. don't know. We will be in a same plane as Taylor. I'm not sure."
"Everything is gonna be fine. You can hold my words." I put my arms on her and we step out from the house together.

Soon as we get in the airport, we spot Taylor, Chris and Nate. They're walking in front of us and I can feel Aubrey is getting sweaty. "Remember what I said? Everything is gonna be fine. Just, ignore him." We put our bag down for security check and that's the time we're in line with them. Both Nate and Chris seems not really care to see we walk together but Taylor seems bothered by that. "So now it's really happening?" He says, of course sarcastically. "I almost think that's just me who suspect everything. But it's a reality. What could I say?" I fill in the paper without looking at him. "Just shut up. You wanted her out? She did. What's your problem?" I don't see his face but I'm sure his face turns red as I punch him back with those words. "Come on Aubrey. You don't wanna hear bullshit, do you?" I grab her hand right in front of him and let him know that he will absolutely regret the break up.

It's a three-cut seat and we sit with Chris while Nate and Taylor got a two-cut. "Are you two really...."
"We'll think about that. Not yet dating, but we will. If that's what you mean." I cut Chris's question so Aubrey doesn't have to answer it. "Oh, and don't forget we will back on the end of this month for Coachella after few weeks off. And we will decide there, wether we will continue or not." I add. "What do you mean?"
"You see us? I fight with both Taylor and Nate. You barely record anything. I won't do this anymore." As I say that, she squeeze my hand. Looked mad. "You can't do that. This is your purpose. I can't let it falling apart just because of me."
"No, not all because of you. It's just..."
"Dave. I said that. You can't stop. If leaving is what it takes to keep you guys together, I'll leave you guys for good." She let go of my hand and looked away to the window. Chris turn to me, "We talk about that later when we reunite. But until then, maybe we need to think with cool mind."

L.A, 2008

I just woke up and I get a call from a strange number. "Honey, I'll take this. You stay on bed. Okay?" I put the blanket back on Jordyn and walk out to get the call.

"This is Dave."
"Dave, this is Clairine. She'll back here. Tomorrow."
"What? You sure? What did you tell her?"
"I was just telling her that she should take a look at the cabin for the last time and also to see the buyer. That's you and Taylor."
"She had no idea that was us?"
"No." Long story, after we met Clairine, me and Taylor decided to buy the cabin just so she received the money. And we will give her back the cabin for her.

"Okay, thanks Clairine. I'll tell Taylor and going there by tomorrow."
"Alright.Thanks to you for helping her."
"Anytime." I hang up and go back to our room. She's still sleeping there under the blanket. I feel bad for not telling her about my plan with Taylor. I jump in and join her on bed, put my hand on her waist and hug her in her sleep.

Virginia, 2002

After I try to bring her to doctor for some days, finally I can trick her to actually go. I told her we will go to eat but then I turn my car to hospital. "Dave? What are you doing?"
"Since you keep vomiting and yet so stubborn to go see a doctor, I have no choice."
"I won't come in."
"Why you're so scared?"
"Nothing! Just don't like to see a doctor." I grab her hand and lift her up my back. "Dave, put me down!"
"No, not until you see a doctor."

I go to receptionist and they just look at me like I was a kidnapper or some shit. "Can we help you?"
"Yes. Can you get a doctor for this woman? She's scared to see one, but she got issues."
"Well,umm.. follow me." I walk behind a nurse and she leads me into a room with small working table and artificial plants. I put down Aubrey and let her sit on the chair.

"Hi. I'm dr. Henry."
"Hi, I'm Dave and this is Aubrey. She wasn't feeling well for days and we have no idea what happened."
"Can you explain?"
"She was throwing up every morning. Won't eat some particular foods and sometimes having a mood swing." Aubrey pinch me on the mood swing part.

"Okay. Anything else?"
"That's all." I end my statement and let him write all the symptoms. "Aubrey, you can follow nurse behind me and we'll do some test. Okay?" She looks at me and I just mouthed 'go' to her. She go inside another room with the nurse and I wait there with the doctor.

"You're Dave Grohl, right?"
"Yep. Why?"
"My wife is a big fan of you. Can...can I get an autograph on my notebook? For her." He pulls out a book from his desk and a pen. "Sure." I smile to him and give him my autograph. He seems like a sweet husband. From my experience, some husbands really hate me because their wives had a crush on me. This one not. "So, that's your wife?" He ask me, which makes me kinda nervous. "Umm, no... I mean.. not yet. We live together and I'm looking for time to tell her everything. Maybe someday."
"Well, good luck with that." He smiles, "I thought you two married because it seems like she is pregnant."
"She's what?" I jump from my seat. "We don't know yet, but from the information you gave us, my first guess was that."
"If that's really happening, I'll take back my words and I will definitely propose her this weekend." I can't imagine this is really happening. I'm gonna be a father and she's gonna be mine. Like living a fairytale.