16: 😞Shadows😟

~Akademi High (Rooftop)~
~YS Life~
~Tuesday~

"...he said he wants to talk to me about something, but when the 'martial arts master' called him out, he walked out just like that."

Osano sighed. "It's Osoro Shidesu, Y/N. You expect him to be soft- hearted? He's a delinquent, and he will always be a delinquent. You can't change that."

"People change, Osano. Influence them the right way and they will, I swear." I promised.

"What do you know about changing people's nature?" He asked me quickly.

I hung my head. "I just know he will. Even you, in fact."

He just rolled his eyes.

Then I saw her again. Behind the door on the left side of the fountain.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Ayano..." I whispered.

"Who?" Osano asked, looking around. "What is it?" He looked at the place where Ayano had been, but she's not there anymore.

Osano glared at me. "Do you have a third eye by any chance?"

Great, now this dude thinks I can see ghosts.

"N- no, nevermind." I fake- smiled.

He sighed, then opened his bag. "You know what, if we keep talking, this bento will go to waste."

"Oh, right. Lunchtime." I shrugged. Then it hit me like lightning.

Osano? Rooftop?? Bento??? Ayano?!

Oh shi-!

"Osano!"

"W- what?" He asked, lowering his chopsticks.

Come on, Y/N! Think quickly! "Can I have your bento?"

He shot me a look. "You forgot yours again?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I was in a rush a while ago, so... I forgot to bring it. I know you're also waiting for me."

Osano scoffed. "Why don't you buy lunch in the cafeteria?"

"I like your cooking more." I smiled nervously. "Besides, it tastes a lot better than the food in there."

"Shut... shut up." He looked away, blushing.

How many times does he blush when I'm around? Not that I'm complaining, it's actually cute.

He handed me his bento box, still avoiding my eye contact. "There! You can have it! I'll just eat at home!"

I shaked my head. "No, Osano, I'll give you money in return. You don't have to pay me back, 'kay?" I told him, handing him my wallet.

"You baka! Why did you give me your entire walle- oh, nevermind. Are you sure about this, though?"

I shrugged. "It's not like it's gonna kill me without a little money."

He sighed, then stood up. "Fine, don't say I didn't warn you. You can eat all of it, just wash the container after." And with that, he left.

I looked down on his bento. "I know that girl put something on you..." I whispered.

I looked around. "Better find a place to throw this food in."

I rushed downstairs to the incinerator area, where the dumpster is. I opened the bento, then threw the contents in with guilt. "Sorry Osano... I know you put a lot of effort in this, but I'm doing this for your own good. You'll thank me later."

I washed the container afterwards, then closed it. I turned around when I saw someone run away.

My eyes widened. "H- hey, wait!" I shouted, then run after her. "Ayano!"

But she's gone. "Dang it, that girl is faster than I expected! If only she was that fast when I'm playing the game." I rolled my eyes, rushing upstairs to the rooftop.

But I bumped into someone.

"Ow!"

"Whoa! S- sorry!" I apologized, then looked up. "Oko?"

"H- hey, Y/N..." he muttered.

I stood straight. "Did you walk past a girl with black hair?"

He shrugged. "No... (except you.)"

[A/N: That's for the reader with black colored hair, btw.]

"Oh..." I looked around. "Are you sure, though?"

"Yeah." He dusted his uniform, then waved. "I- I gotta go. See you around, Y- Y/N."

I waved back, then furrowed my eyebrows. Weird. Is Ayano invisible or what? I'm sooo confused!

I sat on the rooftop bench where Osano and I sat on earlier. Good thing I got here before him.

Then Osano sat beside me. "Finished already?"

I smiled. Fakely. "Yeah, I couldn't stop eating, it's too good." I handed him his bento box.

"And thanks you washed it."

"No problem." I watched Osano while he's eating his lunch.

'And thank god I know what's gonna happen to you.' I thought. 'If I'm not here, you'd be dead by now.'

I looked around for Ayano again, and I caught her spying us behind the tree. You know, the tree where Rival- chan is.

But she ran away again. Jeez, what's that girl's problem?