39: Confession 10 🍷

Imperfections

From Helagazela and lyraginne! Thanks a lot for this! 💙

~Akademi High (Student Council Room)~
~YS Life~

"Hold up, hold up, excuse me?" I inhaled then exhaled. "Your who wants to meet me because what?"

Megamo sighed. "Yes, Y/N, you heard me right. My father wants to meet you because you know something about the killer. Sorry, know everything about the killer, rather."

"And when?"

"Tomorrow, Myerscough Diner, 7:00 sharp. We shouldn't be late, my family's impatient. Lost time, gone forever, as they always say."

"Wait, what do you mean by 'we'?" I asked him while raising an eyebrow. "You're with them, right?"

He shaked his head no. "I'll pick you up using my car tomorrow so you don't have to worry about transportation. If you take too long to get ready though, however, is going to be a major problem. Are we clear, Miss L/N?"

I frowned. "This is still me, Megamo, no need to be formal."

"I'm training you, Miss L/N, because you're going to be with a bunch of sophisticated people with high standards. They're all about perfection."

He looked deep into my eyes while holding my shoulders. "Everyone expects you to be on your best behavior, tomorrow night, even me. I believe in you, I'm confident for this one."

I scoffed as I crossed my arms. "If you're so confident, why are you training me?"

"This," He gestured around me. "Is exactly why. You can sometimes get a little cocky and a bit disrespectful, and you sometimes don't act like a proper young lady that you are. You also forget your manners sometimes and you tend to use words that aren't pleasant to hear-"

"Okay, okay, daaarn! Chill out, I know my flaws, aight, no need to point them one by one!" I exclaimed. "Jeez louise."

He put both of his hands up. "Alright, I'm just saying,"

"Yeah, I'll do my best tomorrow Megamo. You can count on me." I smiled brightly as I saluted.

He smiled back a little. "Good. See you tomorrow, then." He walked away. "Oh, and don't forget to dress nice."

I pursed my lips, then whispered to myself. "Dress nice...?"

Hoo boi that's gonna be a problem.

•~♡~•

"So his father wanted to meet me because I know who the school's killer is, and he wants to talk to me about it. That's why." I explained.

"Dang." Yui clicked her tongue. "Over dinner, though?"

Koharu agreed. "Yeah, you can just talk here, with the headmaster."

"No, girls, just let them be. This is a serious matter." Mei pushed her glasses further up her nose.

Yuna placed a hand on my back. "Can we do anything to help you?"

"Emotional support, maybe?" Saki guessed.

I shaked my head. "Nope, nothing. Thanks- ohh waaait. Actually."

"Yes?" Koharu motioned me to keep going.

"You know that Saikous are one fancy family who invited me in a fancy dinner and-" I squealed as Kokona covers my mouth.

"It's okay, no need to explain it, we understand. You don't know what to wear."