20: Keeping It Professional😋

~Akademi High (Computer Lab)~
~YS Life~

"Ugh," Megamo growled, hitting his forehead. "If this keeps up, my father will kill me!"

I looked at him worriedly. "What about him?"

"I know there's a killer roaming here in the school, and Dad told me to keep an eye out for him." He explained.

I wrinkled my nose. "Isn't that what you're doing?"

"Yes! But... but we already lost four students, Dad will not approve it!" Megamo exclaimed. "He'll think I'm not doing my god forsaken job properly!"

"Sounds like your Dad trusts you a bit too much... and a perfectionist, if you ask me." I tapped my chin. "Isn't that why you signed up for the position of the student council president?"

He shrugged. "I don't know about that. But seriously Y/N, I'm done for when he learns about this!"

I blew my bangs up (If you don't have bangs, just ignore that, please. ^_^). "At least you're trying to do what your dad told you to. You know what they say, 'Mistakes are proof that you're trying.'"

"Argh, you don't get it, Y/N!" He whipped his head in my direction. Irritation and panic are in his eyes. "I'm talking about the school's reputation! If it goes down, we're out! Akademi High's gates will close, and it'll be all my fault!"

I nodded my head in understanding. "Ohh, that's right. Your family owns the school, and your father will surely sue you if ever that happens. He did it all for your older sister, after all. If he learns about it, he'll never forgive you." I muttered.

I realized what I just said, then clapped a hand over my mouth.

"How did you know that stuff?" Megamo asked me with wide eyes.

'Shoot!' I thought. 'I talked too much!'

I smiled sweetly amd innocently at him. "Lucky guess...?"

He scoffed. "Liar. Do you really think you can get through me with you smiling like that? Think again. And how did you know about my sister? I never mentioned you about her, I don't even remember telling you I have one in the first place."

Think quickly, Y/N! "Oh. Uh. Of course. I was just messing with you, I heard Kokona and the others gossiping about it in the plaza."

He sighed, shaking his head. "Drats. I completely forgot about the fact that the Rainbow Six knows everything." He muttered. "But you're right... oh jeez, I don't know what to do..."

I pat his shoulder. "Come on, chin up, Saikou! You're the student council president- you know what to do!"

"And what's that?" He snapped.

"What would your father do in this situation?" I asked him.

Megamo thought for a second, then looked up at me slowly. "He... won't give up... and try to... catch or at least... know the identity of... the killer."

I crossed my arms, smiling at him. "There! You got it, now you just gotta do it."

He finally smiled brightly back at me. Ohh noo, I'm melting~! "Thanks, Y/N, you're the best!" He hugged me without any warning.

I was shocked, but hugged back.

He gasped, then pulled away. "S- sorry about that, Miss L/N..." he apologized while blushing.

I giggled. "What's the sudden formality? It's still just me."

He nervously scratched his nape. "Heh... I just feel a little too... y- you know... comfortable around you..."

I stared at him blankly. This is not like him at all. Wait, did I trigger his sweet side? Probably~

"A- ahem, well, sorry, but I gotta continue the investigation. If something came up, or you learned more info about this matter, don't hesitate to call me, okay, Miss L/N?" Megamo told me, standing up.

"Oookaaay...?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

A/N: Sorry it's a bit longer...