31: Confession 2 🍰

Sweet as Sugar

Credits to JuneMagic 🤗

~Akademi High (Grounds)~
~YS Life~

"Right, see you!" I waved to Kokona goodbye.

I was about to pass by the West Fountain when I saw Amao sitting there alone.

I raised an eyebrow.

A few seconds later, he noticed me. "O-oh! Y/N-san! How long have you been there?"

"I just got here," I replied, sitting beside him. "What are you doing?"

"It'll be my parents' anniversary the day after tomorrow, and I'm planning to make a cake for them."

"That's so sweet of you, Amao."I gave him a cheeky smile.

He smiled back. "It's the least I could do for them. I have to at least give them something to remind them how I love them."

"Can I help you?"

His eyes lit up. "Sure!"

"But I have to tell you, I'm not good with fire... and stuff..." my voice trailed off.

"Nah it's fine, we can do a no-bake cake." He assured.

I blinked. "Wait, no-bake? How's it gonna be a cake if we're not gonna bake it?"

"You'll see."

~Akademi High (Cooking Club Room)~
~YS Life~

"So first, we should crush these 10 graham crackers. They're gonna serve as the 'crust' or 'foundation' of the cake." He told me, handing me a rolling pin and graham crackers in a ziploc bag.

I chuckled. "Hold it, you want me. To crush these. Using this?" I asked him, referring to the rolling pin.

"Why not? Besides, it's easier that way."

I shrugged. "You're the boss."

While I crush the graham crackers, Amao dumped the cream cheese into a bowl, then mixed it with powdered sugar. He poured a good amount of vanilla extract on the mix.

"What's next?" I asked him after I crushed the crackers.

"Mix it with this," he instructed, pointing to the melted butter.

I nodded my head. "This is your parents what anniversary?" I asked.

"This is their 19th, I believe. I remembered they mentioned they waited a year after their marriage before they had me."

I raised an eyebrow, still mixing the crackers and melted butter. "Oh? Why's that?"

"Mom is a sweet and caring person, and she doesn't really wanna rush things," he rubbed the back of his nape. "Probably waiting for the right time until they're both ready."

"Your mom sounds just like you."

He whipped his head on my direction. "Huh?"

"You described her as sweet and caring. That's exactly what you are."

He chuckled nervously. "R-really? I... I don't know about that..."

For some reason, he tried to change the topic. "O-oh hey, that looks good, let's get this onto this pan right here..." He placed a cake pan on the counter we're working on. "Push the measuring cup to flatten it... aaand... yeah, we have to refrigerate this." Amao said as he placed the cake pan in the fridge.