26: Softie 😊

ᴀᴍʀᴇᴇ sᴘᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ! ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀ ʏᴀ'ʟ ʟᴏᴠᴇʟʏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ!

~Akademi High (Plaza/Incinerator Area)~
~YS Life~
~Thursday~

"What can I do to help?" Osano asked me.

"You can keep an eye, find out where she is. She's usually hiding behind walls and tress, so you gotta look out for that."

"Specifically, what hair color?"

"Blackish-gray hair... I-I dunno what it's called, but definitely has the same hair color as Taro." I explained.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Who's Taro?"

I facepalmed. "For the love of God, Budo!" I wailed. "She definitely has the same color as Budo's hair!"

"Jeez lady, you don't need to shout." He rolled his eyes.

"Look who's talking." I crossed my arms, then sighed. "I gotta go inside, I have to do something. I'll meet you later, 'kay?"

"Fine. Whatever you say." He huffed, then left.

I went inside of Akademi's main building, then went outside again near the back entrance, by the incinerator.

I was about to make a turn when I heard shouting from the incinerator area.

I checked the time on my phone. 7:15 am. I still have a lot of time to spare.

I decided to check the incinerator area first. Meh, I don't care if the delinquents are there, curiosity got the best of me.

I peeked to the walls of the area then saw Osoro kicking and punching the air. I saw a crowbar, a baseball bat, and a katana on the floor.

'Probably training for something.' I thought.

He picked the katana up then started practicing his moves with it. Whoa, that sounded wrong.

Anyway, his training went on for a few seconds until I decided to announce my presence.

"Osoro?"

"FCK YOU!" He pointed the katana at me, the tip almost stabbing my chest.

I froze.

"L/N?" He asked, confused. He sighed, then lowered the katana. "You again? What are you doing here?"

"I heard shouting, so I decided to investigate."

I only realized it now, but he's wearing his coat, it's not just draped on his shoulders. It's covering his torso.

Osoro gave me an unimpressed look. "Curiosity kills the cat, y'know."

"There, I answered your question. Now, what are you doing here?"

He scoffed. "Isn't it obvious?"

"What are you training for?" I asked.

He dropped the katana, then shook his head. "None of your business." He sighed again, then removed his coat to wipe the sweat off of his face.

Well sht. That explains why he's not wearing his coat the usual way.

He's not wearing his button-up shirt uniform underneath.

He's topless.

I noticed the scars on his abdomen, and I think I counted five. Five scars? Because of what?

And... gods. Are those his... abs? Holy Zeus, he can crush a person with that body, are you serious? Osoro Shidesu is shredded!

"Staring's rude." Osoro told me, snapping me back to reality.

"O-oh, I'm sorry. It's just that... where'd you get those scars?" I asked him slowly. "I mean, if it's not too personal."

Osoro scoffed at me. "Why do you care?"

I pursed my lips, then looked away.

"Killer." He suddenly muttered.

My head jerked up. "Where?" I looked around frantically.

"No, I mean the killer did this to me."

"What...?" I whispered. "You know who the killer is?"

"I didn't say that I know who the killer is, but it's definitely a girl. I was just doing my rounds in the school when she suddwnly appeared literally out of nowhere then attaked me for god knows why." He explained. "And why are you so interested?"

"Look, I'm working with the others to uncover the truth. We're trying to find out who the killer is, and I think I know, but... ugh, it's complicated."

He crossed his arms. "Prove it."

I showed him Ayano's profile on my phone.

"Ayano Aishi..." Osoro pronounced slowly. "Who is she?"

"You also don't know then." I sighed, placing my phone back into my pocket. "I knew it."

"Why is her face blacked out?" He asked me. "The only thing I can read on her profile is her name. How can you catch her if we don't even know what she looks like?"

I bit my lip. "No, I know what she looks like- I've seen her face before. It's just that... I don't understand why things are always messed up whenever I search for her."

Long silence.

I was taken aback when he pat my shoulder. "Don't worry."

My eyes widened, then looked at him. He's not the tough Osoro you see everyday, his eyes are soft and he's got 'worry' spread all over his face.

"Osoro?"

"We'll catch her. I know we will, kid." He ruffled my hair.

I swatted his hand away. "I'm not a kid!"

"To me you look like one." He chuckled.

I made. The great Osoro Shidesu. Chuckle.

What a softie.