Confrontation

"Yeah just turn left here and it'll be on the right side" I sat in the back seat and gave Matt directions to get to Chili's.

"Are you sure?" Seth asked looking out the window for the neon sign.

"Trust me two-tones. I know this city like the back of my hand."

"You're one to talk! You have black and blonde too!"

Matthew laughed at our bickering as he pulled into the parking lot.

"Well I pull it off better than you" I shoved past him playfully as we exit the car and entered the restaurant.

As soon as we opened the door I inhaled deeply, taking in the incredible smell of delicious food. We were showed to a table and ordered our drinks while skimming our menus.

Once we finished ordering what we wanted, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. "Ughhhh..." I dropped my head on the table after seeing who the message was from and turned off my phone.

"What's wrong?" Matt looked at me with concern.

"Oh yea I never told you. Trent and I kind of...broke up" I responded and felt the sting of sadness in my eyes when I looked at Seth and Matt sitting across from me.

"Is it because..." Matt knew what Trent was like and how he felt about my career.

"Because what?" Seth decided to join in on the conversation.

I squeezed my eyes shut, holding back my tears "He didn't like me wrestling and traveling all the time. Which is ridiculous because I was wrestling before I met him" I scoffed "And today he said I couldn't become a champion, so I dropped him" I stared at my drink and stirred the ice cubes in my sweet tea.

"Well if you ask me he sounds like an absolute moron" Seth scoffed and I laughed, feeling warm and fuzzy inside. 'Why am I suddenly so comfortable around Seth?'

I decided to ignore the text message, not even bothering to read what it said, and as if the timing couldn't be any better, our food arrived.

"Did you order two plates?" Matt looked at the plates in front of me amazed.

"Yea, I couldn't decide between Cajun pasta or ribs, so I got both"

About halfway through our meal Matt's phone rang, "Hold on guys it's my brother, I'll be right back." he excused himself and stepped outside to answer the phone.

Then Seth hit me with something I never would have expected. "So why are you avoiding me all the time?"

'Great he noticed' 'Well of course he noticed he's not an imbecile!' I scolded myself and let out a sigh. "I'm sorry Seth, it's nothing against you."

"Colby"

"What?"

"Just call me Colby" he smiled and looked down to cut up his steak. "So why do you avoid me?"

"Umm... I don't know if you remember. Matt was teaching me the shooting star press and I messed up pretty bad." I chuckled thinking back to how I played off the whole incident, when in reality my awkward landing gave me three bruised ribs AND a bruised ego. "I kind of blamed my accident on you, which is stupid now that I think about it" I laughed a bit and took a bite of my delicious pasta.

"So it was my fault?" he had that look of pretend hurt.

"Hey you're bad luck!"

"Please! There's no such thing as bad luck!" The sight of him laughing made me feel like I could go the rest of the night without any sadness.