IHOP

After sharing an entire cheesecake, Colby and I decided to relax tomorrow, but for now, he and Jonathan would head back to their hotel.

"You need any help Jon?" I laughed as he dragged himself into the passenger's seat.

"Nah I got it" he reclined the seat as far as it could go and started dozing off.

"You up for breakfast tomorrow?" Colby said as he threw his bag into the trunk.

"Sure"

"You like pancakes?" he flashed me a smile and I couldn't help but giggle.

"Hell yeah! I'll be up by 7" I turned to head back into my house when he grabbed hold of my arm and surprised me with a kiss.

"See you tomorrow" he smiled again and drove off towards his hotel.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of "...And Justice For All" by Metallica. To me it was the perfect song to set my alarm to, and it never failed to start off my day right. 'Hmm, 7:15am already?' I washed my face and after letting my hair air dry last night, my natural curls were nice and tame. I looked through my closet for today's outfit. I opted for a white Smile Now, Cry Later tank top and black acid washed skinny jeans. A little mousse in my hair kept any flyaways in place and I slipped on a pair of low top converse customized with a flock of crows. Suddenly I heard my phone buzzing as I tightened the laces.

"Hello?" I answered without even checking the caller ID.

"Hey" It was Colby. "I'll be at your house in about 10 minutes, so be ready."

Lucky for me he can't see how much I'm smiling right now "Yeah I'm almost ready."

"Alright, I'll see you in a little bit" we hung up and I started feeling butterflies in my stomach. I decided to actually wear my lip piercing for once, and headed downstairs with my phone and wallet in hand. As I went through my phone, I noticed some pictures on Instagram of my brother and Laura together last night, smiling and having a good time. 'They're so cute' I smiled and heard honking outside.

"Must be Colby" I grabbed my keys and locked the front door behind me and jumped into the passenger's seat of his silver Dodge Charger.

"You up for IHOP?" He took off once I buckled my seatbelt.

"Sounds awesome"

"Cool I saw it on the way here. You're wearing your piercing today?" it was on my left side so if course he noticed it.

"Yeah I tend to lose them, but I just bought some so I decided to wear it."

"Well you should wear it more often, it looks good on you."

"Thanks" I looked out the window to hide my blushing.

Once we arrived and were shown to a booth, we scanned our menus looking for something yummy "Oooh, I'll get the raspberry peach pancakes."

"Blueberry Cannoli Cream for me" as we exchanged our menus for our drinks, the waitress started making googly eyes at Colby.

"I like your shirt" it was a GLMR Kills shirt with the flying pig on it, but I get the feeling what she liked about it was how much it showed off his muscles. She walked away with a wink and I gagged jokingly. "What, you jealous?"

I raised an eyebrow at him making him laugh "You think you're so cool don't you?"

"Pfft please, I'm fabulous"

"Conceited much?" I chuckled.

"Hey, I could get any girl I want" he gave me a smug look that made it hard for me to not laugh.

"Suuuuure Lopez" I took a sip of my drink enjoying the sweet flavor of iced tea.

"I've got you here don't I?" he stared at me for a moment, waiting for a reaction or response.

I gave him a glare but couldn't keep up my front and broke into a smile "I'll admit you got me there." 'I swear this guy's got me good.'

After a good ten minute wait our pancakes arrived and we finished them in no time. What can I say, pancakes are delicious! We watched Dean's Drunkness a couple of times until my cheeks hurt from laughing so hard, then I suddenly remembered something. "Damnit!" I let my head drop, hitting the table hard, causing a loud thud.

"What's wrong?"

"I left your hoodie at home, I forgot to give it to you last night" I let out a groan as I slumped back in my seat. 'I seriously have to stop being so forgetful!'

He let out a chuckle and shook his head, obviously I had worried him, "Don't worry about it."

"You sure? Because I'll keep forgetting to give it back to you."

"It's fine, I want you to keep it."

"Colby..." My heart nearly jumped out of my chest, and before I could even figure out how to respond, the waitress came back with our bill and her number scribbled across the paper.

After Colby insisted on paying the bill, we headed out the door and he muttered, "Looks like I'm never coming back to this IHOP ever again."

"Rude, you can't blame the girl for trying to hit on you" We climbed into the car and buckled our seat belts.

"I like persistency, but she's not my type. Plus, I'd rather YOU hit on me." 'Colby you are such a tease.'

"That would include actually hitting you." I've never been the flirty type, it always came out wrong and included me making a fool of myself.

"Oh, is that why you pushed me into a pool?"

"Haha, well you gotta keep your guard up around me."

"You better hope I never catch you off guard."

He's already broken down my walls effortlessly, he's already made me weak with his smile and his kiss. I hate being so vulnerable to someone, and yet it feels so good. Still, I don't know what we are, if we're friends or something more. I hope we are.

*Sorry for the late and crappy update I've been binge watching NXT lately and I'm catching up so forgive me! Plus I've got my son going through the 'No' phase and I've literally got to suplex him from one bed to another to get him to listen to me. Yes he actually likes being suplexed lol.