Day with AJ

Colby and I woke up at 5 am sharp to get showered and ready for the day ahead. After grabbing breakfast at the hotel and having stuffed our bags into his car, we stopped at a gas station to fill up on gas, snacks, and made the drive to Austin.

As I sat shotgun scrolling through my phone, I got a weird text from my brother.

"You ok?" Colby asked.

"Yea it's just... my brother said there would be someone in Austin waiting for me, but he didn't say who." I was confused, it wasn't like Thomas to hide things from me, especially so close to a special day that was coming up.

Time flew by and before I realized it we were in downtown Austin, pulling into the nearest hotel. "You up for Crossfit?" Colby asked as we dragged our bags into the hotel suite.

"Hell yea" I changed into a black Sullen tank top, turquoise shorts, and black Nike shoes. "You alright?" I waved my hand in front of his face and whistled when I realized he was in full on space cadet mode halfway through getting dressed.

"Huh? Oh yea, I'm fine" he smiled and put on a black Progenex shirt over his gray shorts.

"If you don't hurry up I'm leaving without you" I laughed evilly as I snatched up his car keys.

-

-

-

"Come on Vanessa, get up! I thought you were tough!" Colby called out to me as he sat in a nearby bench while I was sprawled out across the floor in a puddle of my own sweat.

"Shut it, Rollins! I'm not used to Crossfit!" I panted and struggled to catch my breath. 'Ok, so maybe I underestimated this Crossfit stuff.'

"Ha! Come on, you're almost done for the day!" he stood up and pulled me up with little effort.

We were there for literally hours before we headed back to the hotel and Colby got showered while I cooled down with some yoga.

"Hey, I'm gonna head out for a while" he knocked on the bathroom door while I was still showering.

"Ok, I'm heading out later. AJ texted me and wants to go out for lunch." I called out to him and all I heard was the front door open and close. 'That was weird...' I thought to myself and continued showering.

Once I was done I blow dried my hair and put on a white Sullen Raven tee and black shorts, I went down to the lobby were AJ was waiting for me.

"Vanessa!" She pounced on me and caught me off guard with a hug.

"It's about time you took some time away from Phil" I squeezed her, earning a chuckle.

"Honey moon phase, y'know? But he insisted I have some 'girl time' with my friends" she air quoted with a smile.

"Well let's get the hell out of here, I'm starving!" I threw on a pair of aviators and we headed out.

-

AJ looked around GameStop while I just followed her around feeling awkward and out of place. "So what's been up with you, Miss Lady?"

"Nothing much" I browsed some of the new games, though I wasn't ever good at them. "I have been spending a lot of time with Rollins, though."

She wiggled her eyebrows at me with a devious smile as she paid the cashier.

"Eww don't make that face" I laughed as we made our way out to the car.

"Come on. I already know you two have been getting really friendly, so what are you gonna do about it?"

"I'm not gonna do anything about it." I let out a sigh and my mind wandered.

"Well what are you going to do about Friday?" of course she remembered.