Confession

Since Colby got a ride to the arena, I offered to drive him back to his hotel.

"I've never heard of a girl head butting her ex!" he exclaimed nearly dying of laughter while I parked the car.

"I'm never gonna live this down am I?" I sighed as we both got out and he pulled his things out of the trunk and I leaned against my car.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Look how's about we go out tomorrow and I DON'T tell everyone how you're half bull, half human and sent a guy flying"

"Go ahead and tell everyone, they won't believe you, but get on my bad side and you're next."

His chuckle made me smile more than I'd like to admit, but he's a pretty nice guy. "Seriously, though, I've got a taping for Smackdown and nothing to do before then."

I pulled my phone out from my pocket to turn it back on, and saw I got a text from my brother.

'Headed for austin. Semi finals for my tournament tomorrow. wish me luck' with all that went down tonight I completely forgot to say goodbye to my brother, but I know how important this was to him. And I guess from the look on my face as I read the text, he figured out I didn't have plans for tomorrow.

"Hey!" he snatched my phone from my hands and started tapping the screen for a few minutes before returning my phone.

"Just text me when you're ready to head out, or just wanna talk" he swung his sports bag over his shoulder. "Oh and you might find a few surprises in there" he said as he walked towards the hotel lobby.

"Next time i'm putting a password!" I called out to him laughing and shaking my head.

The 30 minute ride home was pretty relaxing, I hardly even paid attention to what songs played on the radio, all I could think about was how amazing today was. I felt like this was a new start for me, or at least how things should have been from the beginning. I felt like I could breathe easy for the first time in a long time.

Since I was on the road most of the time, Thomas invaded the house, and his belongings were littered all over our home. Still it was nice to be home, and as I threw my things on the floor of my old room, I threw my tired body on the bed, burying my face into my pillow. I had a ritual when I was younger to tear my pillows open, write a letter about my dreams and aspirations, put the letter in a ziplock bag, place it in the pillow and patch to up with a heart shaped cloth. That way I would never forget the dreams I held close to my heart. I traced the heart shaped patch on my pillow, which is one of the few things that remained in my room from my childhood. I started thinking about how far I had come from being a shy, scrawny little girl, with a fear of heights, to a strong, confident, high flying Diva. In the beginning no one believed that I could make it, and it was an amazing feeling proving them wrong. I decided to take a quick shower before my ego and my sleepiness got the best of me. I grabbed my towel, put my music full blast, and headed to the shower. Afterwards I put on a plain midnight blue tank top and white shorts and headed to bed, sighing in relief knowing that I had finally regained my freedom from Trent. 'So I'm single again huh' suddenly my feeling of relief disappeared. I had been with Trent so long that it had gotten to a point that I didn't have many friends outside of the WWE, much less guy friends. Then he popped into my mind, and all I could think about was him, his deep intimidating eyes that softened when he smiled. 'Vanessa get yourself together!' But his smile... above everything else it's his smile that made me weak. That same smile he had that day he made me crash and burn, was now stuck in my head and making my heart race. Despite how much the thought of him affected me, I had to put myself first, I had to reach my goal of becoming the Diva's Champion and nothing was going to get in my way. Nothing.