Surprise

I was so focused on trying to figure out what was going on that Dean caught me off guard and covered my eyes with his palm and forearm. "After what happened today..." he paused and in my mind I begged for him not to say anything about what happened with Seth in front of the WWE Universe, "and you becoming the Diva's Champion, we couldn't wait til Friday to surprise you." His arm let down and in the ring, right in front of me I saw AJ with a huge red velvet cupcake, and Emma holding two of her bubble guns with bubbles floating everywhere.

The single candle on the cupcake flickered and the girls smiled brightly at me. I turned back to Dean who just shrugged as if it was no big deal. But to me it was a big deal, they made my night even more memorable than it already was and I couldn't help but smile. Emma and AJ knew red velvet was my favorite and it was so heartwarming. I took the cupcake and gave them both a hug, even turning to Dean to thank him. Emma motioned for me to make a wish and I thought about it for a second. I switched my title to my other shoulder and when I made up my mind, and blew the candle out. I felt Dean's arm around my shoulders only to have him punch me lightly in the stomach and instinctively kneed him back, being careful not to mess up my delicious dessert.

After a reassuring smile from AJ and Emma, they left the ring and Dean and I followed after, but as Dean walked up the ramp ahead of me, I jumped on his back with my title and cupcake in hand.

Dean carried me on his back to the backstage area and as I hopped down I realized we had a decent amount of privacy. "Thank you, Dean, I really needed that" I looked down at the cupcake sprinkled with little bits of red velvet and sugar roses.

"Don't thank me, it was AJ's idea" he rolled his neck and I sat on an equipment crate and crossed my legs.

"Still..." I placed my title on my lap and held my cupcake in my hands and felt my hands start to tremble a bit.

"I talked to him while you were getting ready before our match..." My heartbeat seemed to stop altogether but he continued to speak. "Apparently he found out something... something he didn't want to know."

I gulped and my heart started beating a thousand miles an hour and I started fearing the worst. "Fuck..." I mumbled and hung my head low.

"Of course he didn't tell me what it was, but he said some things, things I won't repeat because last time someone called you that, a bottle was thrown at Seth's head." My heart sank and I felt disgusted, depressed and rage all at once. "Thing is, knowing him, he probably said those things out of anger."

"Probably..." it was more of a question than a statement.

"Well in other news, I heard someone's been lookin' for ya" I looked up to see him tilting his head towards a guy covered in tattoos walking towards us.

"Tom!" my face lit up when I saw Tom Pestock, aka NXT Superstar, Baron Corbin. I've always been a huge fan of the band In This Moment and actually met Tom back when he was first dating their lead singer, Maria Brink, and we've been good friends ever since.

"Sup Baron" Dean waved.

"Hey congratulations" it isn't very often that he smiles at work but come on, I won the Diva's Championship!

"Thanks, how's Maria?"

"She's good, new album out and everything" the three of us exchanged small talk.

"So you're the one that was meeting me here today?" I remembered my brother's weird text messages.

"Yea, I'm headed to New York to spend the weekend with Maria and I wanted to say Happy Birthday" he said with a hug.

"Awww you're such a softie when it comes to her." I teased and Dean gagged jokingly. "You could use a girlfriend" I wiggled my eyebrows at him and started doing Emma's bubble dance.

"Darling please, I don't need anything I don't already have. Besides she's with someone." I was surprised he didn't seem sad about it, considering the fact that he, at one point, drunkly admitted how perfect she is.

"Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna get going." It was a long night and I needed to rest up before the drive tomorrow morning. We said our goodbyes and I quickly headed to the locker room to gather my things. With my backpack and suitcase in tow I headed to the parking lot, I quickly came to the realization that I had no ride and cussed out loud.

"You still here?" Dean's voice caught me off guard and I jumped a little, almost dropping my cupcake.

"Damnit, Jon, you scared the hell out of me!" I smacked his shoulder as he walked by with his things.

"It's not like anyone's gonna wanna kidnap you" he unlocked his rental and tossed his things in the trunk.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I pulled out my phone and started browsing the internet.

"You're probably not worth a good ransom" he laughed but when I didn't react he asked, "What are you doing?"

"Gotta find a place to stay, I'm riding with AJ tomorrow but I don't have a hotel, seeing as how I was staying with a lying, cheating, scumbag" I kept scrolling through trying to find a place nearby that wouldn't leave me broke, until Dean locked my phone's screen and threw my suitcase in the backseat of his car.

"Get in, we're gonna go eat."

Food, my greatest weakness!