Movie Night

The rest of the day consisted of a military style obstacle course run behind the Spartan Pit warehouse, and chatting with Laura in the locker room.

"Ugh I'm all muddy" Laura groaned as she showered and I got dressed.

"I figured you would be used to the obstacle course since you've been doing it since you were, like what, 8?"

"I'm fine doing the course, I just can't stand the mud" she finished her shower as I stood in front of the mirror.

A cut up Walking Dead T-shirt with a red undershirt, gray shorts, and red and gray flip flops. 'Now to tame the mane' I managed to get my hair into a messy side braid, and put on some simple eyeliner. I need eyeliner like a tiger needs it's stripes, and man my stripes looked good.

"He seems like a nice guy" Laura broke our silence as she got dressed.

"He is" I looked down at my scars smiling thinking about the nights I had spent with Colby.

"So how come you don't wanna go out with him?"

"It's complicated..."

"Vanessa, you're the older sister I never had, you can tell me"

"You know how I am Laura, when I want something, I won't stop 'til I get it. I've been with the company for almost 5 years and I just want to hold that championship belt, just once. No one thought I deserved a shot, and when I finally got a chance, It slipped through my hands when I was injured." I looked down at my knee, the scar from my surgery was barely visible, but it was a constant reminder that I couldn't afford any distractions or set backs. "Colby and I both have our careers to focus on."

With a sigh, Laura tied back her brown hair and turned to face me "you're so stubborn, Ari."

I laughed "Eww, again with the middle name?" We walked out of the locker room to see the guys standing around and laughing.

"What's so funny, losers?" I swung my bag over my shoulder as Laura and I walked over to the guys.

"Jon drunk" Brian said in between breaths as Colby showed him last night's video.

"I wasn't drunk" Jon grumbled and everyone laughed at his expression.

Everyone walked out of the warehouse, bags in tow, laughing as the sun began to set, not a care in the world. We walked to the parking lot together and the guys stopped suddenly, Colby putting a hand in front of me. "What's wrong?" I looked ahead to see what caused everyone to stop. 'Maybe I spoke too soon when I said there wasn't a care in the world.'

"Vanessa!" Trent growled, with a beer

bottle in hand. As much as I've dealt with Trent over the years, this was one side of him that I couldn't handle, and was another reason I couldn't stay with him.

"Laura, get back" I whispered and the guys instinctively created a barrier between us.

"Now I see why you never brought him up" Alex threw his bag down and so did the rest of the guys.

"This is gonna be a fun way to end the night" Jon popped his knuckles and started bouncing up and down in excitement while Brian rolled his neck.

"Go back inside with Laura" Colby turned around and put his strong arm around my shoulders and kissed my temple.

"Colby, he's drunk. He's not worth it" I looked past him, Trent was clearly intoxicated, and the guys backed off realizing it was an unfair fight.

"I get it, you've been sleeping with all these guys, haven't you?!" Trent's words slurred as he threw his bottle at Colby while his back was turned, causing it to break over his head. Suddenly Colby lunged at him and delivered a hard elbow to his jaw, nearly shattering it.