Title Shot

"A rematch?" Mark leaned back in his chair and pondered it for a moment.

"I know the plan was to drag this feud on a little longer, but hear me out! I believe--"

"You got it" he smiled.

"Wait... what?" I didn't even have a chance to state my case before I was cut off.

"Why not? You've worked very hard to get where you are today, and I promised you a title match a long time ago, but we had to postpone it due to your knee injury. If you believe you're ready then you've got a rematch, tonight!"

I don't even know how many times I thanked him for this golden opportunity and I wasn't going to let it go to waste. I was taught to use my emotions in my favor and not let them take over. All that mattered now was the title, the title that somehow slipped through my grasp for years now, was within my reach. This wasn't a match I was supposed to lose to put over someone else, this was a match to validate my pain and my sacrifice. So tonight would be the night I take what belonged to me.

As I walked down the corridors I came across Nikki, the current Diva's Champ

"You're looking better" she smiled.

"I've gotta be at 100% if I'm taking you on for the title tonight" I smiled.

"Don't back out" she shot back, her voice full of sass.

"Don't hold back" I smirked at her and after a brief but intense stand off, we went out seperate ways.

I hopped onto an equipment crate and pulled my phone and earbuds out of my hoodie pocket. I scrolled through my music until I came across "The Promise" by In This Moment. The words hit me and my heart ached, but I refused to let my emotions get the best of me.

Raw was in full swing and I was going out of my way to avoid Seth, knowing he would be at work today. I even went as far as to linger in dark and abandoned corridors to stretch and get ready for my match. I knew somewhere in the building he would either be cutting a promo or get ready for his match, which coincidentally was scheduled right after my title rematch.

Nikki walked out first and cut her promo to build up the moment. "Apparently, Vanessa, being the sore loser that she is, decided to ask for a rematch. Which is fine by me, because that means I'll get another chance to embarrass her" Nikki knew how to get a reaction, and that she did. As I stood a gorilla, I could hear the crowd cheering and booing, and I could feel all the pain, anger, heart ache and frustration, fusing together inside me.

Then my music hit and "Adrenalize" by In This Moment filled the arena and I came out with mic in hand. "You have something I want Nikki, something that you DO NOT deserve. Hope you enjoyed your title reign, because it ends tonight!" I threw the mic down and charged at the ring, sliding in and viciously attacking Nikki. The ref struggled to break me apart from her and signaled for the bell to ring.

This was it.