Summer Rae

We decided to shoot the promo early and play it before the match that came on before mine.

"Vanessa, as the champion you are respected not only by the Diva's but the superstars as well. This battle between you and Summer Rae started because of a lack of respect. How do you feel about that?" Renee turned the mic towards me as a stretched on an equipment crate.

"I work just as hard as anyone else in that locker room, if not harder. In that ring, things aren't just handed to you, you fight for whatever it is you want. People like Summer Rae and Seth Rollins think they're entitled to something, like they're royalty. There is a reason why I am the Diva's Champion and not Summer Rae. It is because I will fight and put my body on the line, for this" I held up my title proudly as the jewels glimmered, "because that is what a real champion does. Brie Bella had the nerve to disrespect me, as now she's sitting at home in a neck brace wishing she'd never stepped into the ring with me." I walked away with my title over my shoulder until the cameras cut off.

After my promo I went to a lonely corridor to get some alone time and stretch while listening to Slipknot. As I eased into a split I could hear the muffled sound of the stage's pyrotechnics over my music. I breathed in and out deeply, letting my muscles warm up before what I knew was going to be a long and intense match. As I held my stretch, I couldn't help but reminisce about the days that I would show up to school battered and bruised because I was putting myself through the wringer to better myself in the ring. I remember turning down dates, nights out, even special occasions came second to my time getting stronger. But as I looked over at my precious title I knew it was worth every bloody nose, bruised rib, and broken bone it took to get here. I was a champion walking into Fast Lane tonight, and there is nothing I wasn't willing to do to walk out as the champion.

"So here you are" a muffled voice spoke and a hand came out of he darkness pulled my headphones out of my ears. I looked up to see none other than Seth Rollins.

"What the hell you scared me" I held my hand over my thumping heart in an attempt to calm down.

"Sorry" he looked down at the ground.

"What do you want?" I gave him a sideways glance, obviously suspicious of what his reason for talking to me was.

"I came to talk you out if getting involved tonight."

"Well that's stupid" I spat.

"Look, I just don't want you getting hurt" he said lowly, to the point that I almost didn't hear him.

"Oh really? Because you had no problem going behind my back, hurting me and betraying my trust." I hissed hoping every word hurt him as much as they hurt me at the time. Still his silence was enough to tell me he was starting to feel guilty. "That's what I thought." I picked up my title and before I turned to walk away he spoke.

"Vanessa, I'm sorry. I was stupid, please. I honestly care about you, if I didn't I wouldn't have overreacted how I did when I thought about you and Dean being together."

"You're right you ARE stupid" I scoffed, honestly disguised with how he had reacted four months ago.

"Please," he grabbed me by the arm and pulled me close to him, "I really do care about you" his face inched closer to mine and I immediately pulled back and swatted him away.

"I'm sure my boyfriend won't be happy about the shit you're trying to pull right now." I stormed off and popped my headphones back in.

-

I continued texting Nick while he got ready for a promo he was shooting and I hung around catering watching he PPV. I contemplated telling him what happened with Seth earlier, but I figured it was best to tell him once the show was over with.