Chapter 0.5: Prologue

~(Y/N)'s POV~

"Alright, prepare for launch boys!" I couldn't help but smile at my crew. There was Jordan Holt, the middle child in his family, he was around 17. His hair was a mess of light brown, as were his eyes. Then their was Izaya (L/N), my twin brother. His hair was black to purple was pulled back into a small pony tail, his eyes heterochromatic, like mine, only his left was a shinning (E/C), his right a grayish-purple. "Right!" They both called back. "Good! Jordan keep your eye on the engine, Izaya look for any signals no matter how faint once we get out there." Both boys gave me a small nod.

I ran a hand though my (H/L) (H/C) hair, My own heterochromatic eyes stared out the front window, towards the vast void of space as we prepared for launch. I did the final systems check and sighed, "I wish Keith was still, the teams not the same without that hot-head..." My brother and best friend chuckled behind me, "True but your just as hot-headed sometimes." I rolled my eyes, "Please, no one can beat Keith's temper." We all laughed as an announcement went off through our ship. "Prepare for launch... in 3...2...1!" Our small ship began to head towards the atmosphere of the Earth, soon breaking though to the dark, star filled reaches of space.

"All right, now to Kerberos!" I chuckled as I began to pilot the ship towards the distant planet, fearing what may be waiting for us there. I wish with all my being I had been wrong... However fate is a very cruel thing. It had been about a week and a half of just pointless conversation and games. "So, (N/N), how'd it go telling Keith about this mission?" My brother piped up trying to end the long silence. I sighed, "About as well as you'd think. The hot-head he is told me I shouldn't go, that it was to dangerous if even Shiro couldn't make it back from it, stormed off only to come back and apologize an hour or so later."

I turned to Jordan, "How about Katie? I doubt she was very pleased..." He gave me a sad smile and nod, "Yeah, she begged me not to go. Said she didn't want to lose me too, after Matt and dad..." I placed my hand on his shoulder, "No matter what we find out here, I'll get you home. I promise." Jordan smiled at me and nodded. Before anyone could say anything more, the ship began to shudder. "What the heck?!" Jordan looked over the ships engine, "There's nothing wrong so what's going on?!" I looked over to my brother, both of us meeting a silent agreement, they were already here and we're in trouble.

"Iza, we can't take them all. I'm going to cause a distraction you get Jordan out of there on one of their ships. Don't go back to Earth yet, you'll just lead them there." Reluctantly Izaya gave me nod, knowing it was the best move, Jordan looked at us confused. "What in gods name are you two going on about?!" I pulled out my knife from the Blade of Marmora and looked towards the ship door. "We've just found what got Shiro's crew." Jordan looked a little scared as the door began to open, "Now get moving you two!"

~News Announcement~

"The second crew from the Garrison to go to Kerberos were report missing and are assumed dead after contact was lost with their ship. The crew consisted of (Y/N) (L/N), Izaya (L/N) and Jordan Holt, the course appears to be pilot inexperience. Sadly the three cadets have been lost and the Garrison does not appear to be sending any more expeditions to Kerberos any time soon. More information later."

~Pidge's POV~

No... no this can be real. They can't be gone to... My mind went blank. I could feel the tears building in my eyes but refused to let them fall as I looked up at the sky. They're not dead... Just like Shiro, Matt and dad. (Y/n) wouldn't let that happen. I just have to find them. I was now filled with determination as I continued to try and think of a plan.

~Keith's POV~
This couldn't be real, my old crew, my friends, the first people to really treat me like family. I slammed my fist into the wall. "Why...? Why didn't you listen to me? Why did my instincts have to be right?" I could feel the tears start welling up in my eyes. I looked up at the moon and stars. "I know you're still alive...You have to be...So please wait until I can find you..."