Chapter 14: We're alive

~(Y/N)'s POV~

Shiro laid Lance down beside me, "I've got him Shiro." My brother nodded and went to the entrance to face Sendak, "Kage." The shadow wolf figure appeared beside me, "Go help Shiro." With a quick bark, Kage ran into the fight. I heard a groan and looked down at Lance, resting his head on my lap. "Hang on Lance, we're gonna get through this." 

"Don't be so sure." I felt pain shoot through the back of my head as the world disappeared from sight.

~Pidge's POV~

"Oh, no." I watch as Shiro, Lance and (Y/N) are dragged off by Galra troops. I have to do something. I left to another part of the castle. After a little while I try to contact Keith and Allura,"Keith, can you hear me?" Thankfully I get a reply,"Pidge! Is that you? Where are you?" I sigh a little and explain the situation,"I'm inside the Castle. Sendak has taken over and he's preparing for launch. He's got Lance, Shiro and (Y/N)." I hear someone take a sharp breath as Allura speaks up,"Pidge, listen. If they've started the launch sequence, then we don't have much time before liftoff to stop it." 

     "What do I have to do?" I ask."You have to get down to the main engine control panel and disconnect the primary turbine from the Central Energy Chamber. If you can do that, Sendak will have to reset the whole system. That might give us enough time to find a way to stop them." The princess explains. I pull up a map of the castle and head off to do what the princess said. 

Soon, I force entry into an elevator shaft with Rover. "Hey, Rover." The drone follows me inside the shaft and hovers in place. "Okay Rover, here we go." I make my way to the bottom of the shaft. I make my way to the central energy chamber where the engine is located.Okay, Allura, I'm near the turbine. I think it's started." I tell the others."Then you'll have to hurry. Cross the catwalk to the main column in the center." I do as instructed and walked to the center column."Okay."

  "Now, open the hatch. Find the central computer control hub and enter the following sequence..." Allura's voice goes quiet,"Wait, wait, wait, wait! Which one is it? All the labels are in Altean!" I wait for a reply, but I get none,I can't tell which one it is! ? ? Uh..." I start to panic a little as I try to find a solution,"Uh... Uh... Whatever." Finally I just slam the green bayard into the energy turbine. I'm thrown back but mange to successfully interrupt the launch.

~(Y/N)'s POV~ 

Slowly I open my eyes, only a fraction trying not to draw attention to myself."We have a saboteur. Find him and take him out." I hear Sendak's voice and look up at the screen, "Pidge..." I whisper. I looked at Lance, whom are still unconscious. Shiro starts to wake up. "Haxus! I want whoever's in this ship found and terminated!" Sendak order one of his troops."Commander Sendak, I've received a transmission generating from somewhere inside." Haxus plays the communications. "There's not much time before they get the ship running again. You must shut off the particle barrier so we can get in." Allura's voice was heard before Pidge answered,"You got it. Tell me what to do."  

  "The particle barrier generator is beneath the main hull." Allura told the green paladin."She's telling the intruder how to take down our defenses." Haxus states the obvious."Yes, but she's also giving away his location. Find that room. Kill the paladin!Repair the engine. Emperor Zarkon has commanded us to bring him Voltron. This ship will rise before day's end." Sendak orders and the sentries leave. I can't help but laugh catching the Commander's attention.  "Ah, so you're awake. Good, you can see first hand how I take Voltron from right under your nose."

  I scoffed and smirked, "I think you're underestimating the Paladins and the Princess, Sendak." The Galra approaches lifting my face so that my eyes meet his. I just glared at he in defiance like I did back on his ship, "We have captured your ship and I have sent troops to take care of your friend. You have lost." I just laughed again, "You do need to stop underestimating people. I do believe you under estimated me and my brother and it cost you an eye." Sendak growled and let me go as Haxus's voice filled the air,"Powering sub panels." 

The Galra commander returned to the computer."Sub panel energy transducer is go." He replied. "Aye, sir. Opening pathway to link with Bridge. Initializing main cluster reboot.Initializing complete. I'm set for main power up." Sendak spoke, "The Bridge is go."  Haxus again replies to the higher ranked Galra, "Powering up." I hear alarms begin to blare."Sir, something is wrong." 

   "Haxus, report in." Sendak orders but the voice that answers is not that of a Galra, but a friend. "Haxus is gone, and you're next!" I smile at the sound of Pidge's voice. Sendak just growls again,"You've slowed me down, but this ship is mine! You will turn yourself over to me immediately!"  I just smirked knowing that Pidge wouldn't listen,"Never!" I watched as Sendak smirked and looked towards me, "Well, then, maybe your friend can convince you." 

The Galra commander grabbed the hood of my armor and dragged me over to the computer. I saw Shiro panic as Sendak stopped moving. "This isn't going to work Sendak." I kept my face and voice emotionless. "Why don't you tell that to your friend." I just looked ahead. "(Y/N)?" I glared at nothing in particular, "Pidge, Listen don't do anything-" I felt pain shoot through my body making me scream.

I faintly heard both Shiro and Pidge yell out, "No!" and Sendak reply to them, or specifically Pidge,"You can make it stop. Turn yourself in. His suffering is in your hands." After awhile I was left panting on the ground, as Sendak turned to Shiro and hits him with the same thing he used on me,"I'm impressed that you managed to escape. Perhaps it would be worth the trip to your planet to see if the rest of your kind have your spirit. Of course, they will all end up broken, just like you. Now that we have Voltron, every planet, every race, all share the same fate." 

I let out a breathy laugh, "You still seem to underestimate us Sendak." The Galra commander went to approach me when we see Pidge on the computer near the entrance of the bridge. He turns to attack and purse her out of the room. However when the Galra commander left the room the real Pidge rushed in. "Shiro, wake up. It's me, Pidge-" My eyes widened as Pidge gets caught in Sendak's gauntlet,"You really thought your little hologram trick would work with me?" 

I hear footsteps at the entrance. There stood Allura and Keith, causing me to smile a little. The red paladin summoned his bayard. "Stand back!" Sendak yelled out. The Galra was struck from behind by Lance's bayard, then the blue paladin passes out again. Shiro then rushes at Sendak and is knock aside. Keith is the next to cross blows with Sendak, who throws Keith to the side as well.

I watch as Pidge severs the energy chain that holds Sendak's arm in place, rendering it useless. "No!" The Galra screamed and battles Pidge. Allura accesses the bridge's computer. "Keith, Now!" The princess calls out. Keith kicks Sendak into the center of the bridge and a barrier rises up, trapping him. Once Sendak is taken care of Pidge frees me and Shiro while Keith goes to check on Lance. "You okay (N/N)?" Pidge asked, I try to laugh but it just turns into a cough, "Y-yeah, I'm good. I've been through worse."

The paladin move Lance and I to a slightly more comfortable place while we waited for Hunk and Coran. Keith sat down beside me. "How are you feeling?" I lay my head on his shoulder, "Tired, sore, alive." Keith frowned a little, "It won't be to much longer until we can get you and Lance into pods." The red paladin put his arm around my shoulder, "I wish I could have been there to help... I should of stayed in the castle." I shook my head, "You did the right thing." I felt my eyes grow heavier, "I'm just glad we're all safe." I let sleep take a hold of my body.